What's new

*** Official Resident Evil (GC) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Played a little bit more last night. This time, I tried Control Scheme "C." I agree with those who have recommended it in the past...it's more intuitive than the default.

I like how the contents of your item box carry forward to all item boxes. Unrealistic, to be sure, but it's a big help. I was envisioning running back and forth to transport my items, but it wasn't necessary.

James St

Supporting Actor
I don't have a Cube yet but I'll be getting one soon for this game alone. I ordered the component cables from the Nintendo store online yesterday with UPS 1-day shipping. Does anyone know how long they take to ship? I've been a RE fan for a while and can't wait start playing this one.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Toluca Prison in SH2 will be VERY, VERY difficult to top fear wise
*Shivers*

The monster behind the jail cells (as mentioned before) and the big, dark, wide open room with the thing that would crawl around you that you never saw, but only heard, are probably the two freakiest things I have EVER experienced, in videogames, movies, TV shows, and maybe even real life.

James St

Supporting Actor
Thanks Paul. I just got tracking number but it's not in the UPS system yet. I guess ordering from Newegg has spoiled me. Saturday delivery isn't available so I'll have to wait until Monday.:frowning:

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I picked this up on Wednesday, but only played a few minutes until last night.

I picked the Mt. Climbing level, and have been routinely killed by many a zombie.

I like how Capcom has changed certain elements of the game for those (like myself) who played the original Resident Evil way back in '96.

Example:

Like in the lobby of the mansion. In the original, if you opened the door, you got a cutscene of a dog snapping at you.

In this version the dog gets in and I had to put 'er down.

Plus, in the original, there's a long hallway where the dogs jump through the windows.

In the new one, the glass just sounds like it's gonna break, but holds up. I laughed when that happened, Capcom, you got me!

I'm not very far in the game at all. I just got the sword key and was killed shortly after. I'm doing my best to conserve ammo and try to just run from the beasts, but usually I get caught and killed. I've only found 2 ammo clips so far, and with each zombie taking 7-9 shots to kill, I've much practice ahead of me.

My Resident Evil skills must have slipped a bit since Code Veronica on Dreamcast.

But damn, is this game sweet. I hope I can make some decent progress in it tonite.

Jason

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
question. i hear about the grenade round glitch, but have yet to get it to work in the game. has anyone tried this and been sucessful? and if so could you tell me how?

Rives Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, your in for a bigger suprise a little later...you'll know exactly when I am referring to when it happens

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Rives,

You are correct sir!

I was taking a nice stroll down the hallway, when those hellhounds broke through! I actually did jum out of my seat.

I just got the armor key last nite, but was unable to get the serum on time.

So I had to redo everything, and my next task is to finally get the shotgun.

I also had my first encounter with a Crimson Head. Those bastards are tough! I keep forgetting to keep my kerosene on hand to burn the zombies.

This game is great.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Found a UK based DVD place with the US game for a good price shipped, £45 which isnt too bad at all given that it's imported. Monday is a bank holiday so it wont ship 'til Tuesday, I should be able to expect it Thursday or Friday. Can't wait!

Dan

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I am still in the mansion and I just got the Armor key. One great moment was when

You are walking down the hall toward the plant room where you use the fertilizer and you hear a knocking on the window. When you pass the window you can see the shadow of a zombie on the wall being casted. When you come back you don't think twice about it and then, SMASH, two zombies come crashing through the glass. Scared the hell out of me.

Oh yeah, those Crimson Heads are a pain in the ass and scary too!

-Dean-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Man I've had this game for three days now and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I plan to do so tomorrow, but really want to play it at night.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Quick audio ? Do you prefer playing this in pro logic 2 or neo 6?
Bobby, this game doesn't run in DPLII :frowning:, nor does it utilize 16x9 or prog. scan. I know I know.. most of you know this..)
That is the only part that's bugging me but who cares, I use composite... and no component inputs in my reciever, and even if I had a set in my TV... DVD player!!!!
But I've enjoyed reading everyone's reviews and shite... I need a copy!! I always feel the need to go out and do stuff, I miss being little and wanting to stay inside and just play video games :frowning: Also, is the cover to the box Jill and a zombie? [wondering because seems like an odd cover I guess...]
Guys, for us ghetto 56k users (fortunately me, yes fortunately me) we'll all be able to give each other information and verse each other in MK: Deadly Allies or SSB:M or "play Mortal Kombat with kids in Vietnam."
So psyched baby! True interaction is on the horizon.
:)Bert:)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Just got the armor key -barely. You have to play this in the dark.
This really is one awesome game. Props to Capcom for doing this. I'll be playing this one for awhile.:D
Calvin

Miles_W

Second Unit
Okay here is a question.
For someone who has bever played a RE game, and suffers from motion sickness during Most FPS... will this game make me puke??? :D
thanks
Miles

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
beat jill's game last night on normal i got her ending in which... barry and chris survive and you blow that house sky high.. i understand this is a remake.. but i would have loved it had they changed the endings some. i don't know if the others are all the same in every aspect but this is the exact same 10sec ending i got when playing the original. only now its all spiffy cg. it took me 7hrs and 33mins though so i got the "non-linking chests" mode and the first jill costume change.

all in all i am quite pleased with capcom for this. resident evil has been my favorite game series and as long as they keep making great games like this.. it will continue to be so.

and miles.. you shouldn't puke from motion sickness.. But..

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Miles,

This is not a FPS. The game is in the third-person perspective and has static camera angles, and should cause you no problems.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Last night...

I ran into a certain someone in the Cabin. Holy crap that is twisted. Starting to feel like I'm playing Silent Hill instead of Resident Evil.

This game just keeps getting better and better!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
this game doesn't run in DPLII
Any game will run in DPLII, it's just that Resident Evil's surround track is not specifically optimised for DPLII playback like say, Rogue Leader or Wipeout Fusion are.

Resident Evil being plain Dolby Stereo however, would still yield decent results if you play it back DPLII or DTS Neo 6 on one's processor/receiver capable of such formats.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks