What's new

*** Official "RED DRAGON" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Saw this with my family on Sunday afternoon, and I found it pretty good.

What was most disappointing to me were the many opportunities missed to bring out more of the character's thoughts and motivations. It was more like an ensemble of Hollywood actors playing their scripted (and well cast, I might add) roles. I would have loved to see WHY Graham has this ability and where it came from, or more of Dolarhyde's past than what we saw. More tension was needed in the movie as well, since unlike SotL, we don't have a new victim about to be dispatched.

Fiennes did a great job as Dolarhyde, Norton was very good, Keitel was to me, ho-hum. I picture him as a tough cop/sergeant chief rather than a Jack Crawford. Anthony Hopkins age was very evident with the (visible) heavy make up. But Sir Hopkins still packs a punch, I might add...

A solid THREE stars. I didn't find it particulary scary, but I prolly will be scared if I saw it at home alone...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks