What's new

*** Official RAMBO Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Hey, it's not like i'm above being called a pussy because of the films that I like and don't like, if you know me you can call me that all you like, we'll go throw back a few and that'll be that, but Ben doesn't know me or anyone else here from Adam and he presumes to call people pussies because our taste in films don't match his own.

There's something off about that and if you can't see it than I don't know what to tell you.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Let me just state that my objection to certain violence in films really has nothing to do with the bloodletting in question but rather the context in which that bloodletting takes place.

I've got tons of slasher films in my collection that have absurd amounts of gore in them but the context is so far from anything resembling reality that it cannot be taken seriously, over the years i've become aware that the world is an ugly and violent place and it's begun to get to me I guess.

Call me messed up in the head if you wish but that's how I feel about it, my objection to exposing myself to certain things in certain films has zero to do with being a pussy, girl or any other derogatory title one wants to apply and if you knew me you'd know that but you don't so the only basis with which you have to form your opinion of me on is a few stupid questions and inquiries in some thread on the net.

All i'm asking is that people respect that viewpoint without silly comments like Ben's, is that too much to ask? I really don't think so.

Start that thread, Russell and i'll be right there with you guys talking about the other films. :) I am planning to see Rambo but I have no idea when, was planning to go this week but that fell through.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
All I'd say at this point is that you really need to sh*t or get off the pot, as the saying goes. Either you're going to see it and react to what you've seen, or just keep speculating and going on about something you have yet to watch. I'd greatly prefer the former!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

You want me to run out and see the film right now, Joe? ;) I'm no longer speculating about the film, from the posts i've read here I think that I have a clear idea of what to expect.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

"Right now"? The film's been out for quite a bit now!
And clear idea or not, one still must see for himself.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Joe, I was kidding. It's not like I don't want to see it and i'm bashing it, I am going to see it but until I do all I have to go on is the idea.

I have a life, I can't get to the theater as much as i'd like, you talk as if i'm dragging my feet on purpose which isn't the case, I just have to wait until I can get away, that's all.

Or if I miss it in theaters i'll catch it on dvd later.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I might go and see this if I can get off my fat ass . All I can say is if I vomit I'm going to track down all you guys who recommended this film and send you a sample of whatever I bring up. :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

You should call up Inspector Hammer to go with you. You two can hold hands through it and afterwards have a comforting tea. :P

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see you finally grow a pair, John. Now you have to try and lay off Bambi for a couple of weeks, and try a steady diet of more intense stuff like Star Wars or Shrek. But do make sure you're not alone during those screenings.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks