What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

*** Official RACHEL GETTING MARRIED Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Rachel Getting Married". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Rachel Getting Married" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I just re-watched this today at a sit & screen. While I have some issues with the film as a whole, the performance turned in by Anne Hathaway is absolutely stunning. This movie is absolutely carried in large part thanks to her breathtaking performance.

If you haven't seen Rachel Getting Married, give it a shot - it's not a happy film, but it's incredibly well told.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I liked this movie as well. Compared to The Celebration and After the Wedding, two movies I was somewhat reminded of, the tone of this movie ultimately feels more cheery and reassuring, and the husband and his family are not particularly fleshed out--but the movie still worked for me. The non-stop music and festivities feel like a warm glow and excessive at the same time. The presence of Hathaway threatens to disrupt all that, which made me enjoy both the family dynamics and the celebration more.

In addition to Hathaway, I thought Rosemarie Dewitt, Bill Irwin, and Debra Winger were very good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks