What's new

Official R1 Cover for Dark Angel Season 1 (1 Viewer)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
It looks way better in widescreen and I don't care what "primarily" or most seen it as, I'll watch it in WS. :angry: :D

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
it was meant to be broadcast in 16:9 in Hi Def.
it was meant to be broadcast in 4:3 for analog NTSC.

were is the confusion here?

if you want to see it in 16:9 just wait for the HD DVDs.

and Jeff is right, the composition on these looks just fine in 4:3.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
This is really when studios need to release two versions, one in widescreen and one full.

I think there is something to be said for seeing these in 16x9 because it's a science fiction series, so it has great sets and futuristic vistas (and Jessica Alba's booty) so naturally a greater scope makes for greater enjoyment. Something like Malcolm in the middle, being a comedy, is a little different.

But, I have a 4x3 set anyway so this works for me.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I just wanted to mention this reminder: CSI is not a Fox product; it is a CBS product being distributed by Paramount. I realize that the poster may know this, and just be holding it up as a similar example, regardless of studio. But I didn't want the readers to be confused. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The only episode of BTVS I recall being longer than 45 minutes or so was "Once More with Feeling" which ran about 60 minutes total on its initial airing, after which it was chopped down to 45 for rerunning and syndication
Actually it runs slightly over 51 min, but is cut down to 42 for future airings

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm tempted to pick this set up but I've never seen the show. Is this a good buy sight unseen? I'm a huge Buffy and Angel fan, an Alias addict and a Star Trek and X-Files fan as well.

Dark Angel feels like a good fit but I need some advice on this one before I pick it up.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Um... No. Jessica Alba looks nice, and there's some decent ideas to it, but it's also got some of the most aggravatingly annoying put-your-head-through-a-wall supporting characters ever.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
possibly worth watching, certainly not worth owning (or re-watching).

If not for Jessica Alba, it wouldn't have lasted more than 2 episodes.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I disagree. Season 1 was interesting, if you buy into the concept. Ended on a cliffhanger that was pretty suspenseful.

It was S2 when things went to pot...they tried to turn it into a live-action comic book.

In the end, it will vary according to personal taste.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I like all the shows you mention, but not Dark Angel. The acting and writing always seemed awkward.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I would see if you could find some decent Season 1 episodes first. I loved it, but I agree with the other posters that mileage will vary.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just noticed that this is now available for $14.99 which, for me, makes it an affordable guilty pleasure

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks