What's new

*** Official PREDATORS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So it sounds like McTiernan got it all right the first time, making this "reboot" less of a reboot and more of a rehash.......right?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You must have seen a preview. I have not seen any ads or trailers for this film on TV. I didn't think it was coming out yet!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have to say that so far I'm not really all that jazzed for this movie even though by all accounts I should be.

The one shot that bothers me in the trailer is when Adrian Brody, at least I think it's him, is suddenly targeted by multiple Predators with dozens of targeting lasers appearing all over him.

First of all, it reminds me too much of the opening sequence of Toy Story 2 when Buzz gets hundreds of targeting lasers pointed at him by those robots and second it begs the question...what kind of Predators are these?

They hunt with honor and a certain code of conduct, many Predators wouldn't vie for one quarry like that, it's just sloppy hunting on their part, it's just an obvious "oh shit he in trouble now" moment for the audience.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Its out in the UK tonight - I used to work in a cinema here and got into the staff showing last night

The shot of Adrian Brody being targeted by multiple lasers is false and never happens. If i recall correctly there is only one. I thought the film was pretty good in terms of making the Predators seem like decent hunters rather that simply trying to create the moments you refer too. Probably because they adhered so closely to the original film.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
This is one of only a few movies this summer that has me eager to get to the theater (Inception is the other big one still to come). From the accounts I have read so far, this film does the predator universe proud. Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
James B enjoyed it.

http://www.reelviews.net/php_review_template.php?identifier=2114

Might have to reconsider and go see it.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Gonna see this tomorrow afternoon. I loved the original so I hope this one will erase the bad memories of the awful AVP movies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Predators". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Predators" should be posted to the [COLOR= rgb(68, 112, 140)]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The one shot that bothers me in the trailer is when Adrian Brody, at least I think it's him, is suddenly targeted by multiple Predators with dozens of targeting lasers appearing all over him.

I've seen this in the trailers and tv ad's, but in the movie he is only targeted by one Predator. False advertising at this point thinking he was going to get smoked by a dozen Predators only to find out in the movie they are only being hunted by three.

This type of editing isn't needed because it didn't affect if whether or not I was going to the film. If they showed just the one target on his head in a trailer, that would certainly not have swayed my decision to go.

Paul

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i enjoyed the movie. nice predadator action flick. my ony issue was the theater. close ups on people looked great, wide shots were blurry as can be, and when the credits rolled you could tell it was really out of focus. wierdest thing ever.

but the action scenes were done well. especiallly the predator stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks