1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd s, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

I'll spoiler this just in case someone that hasen't seen it reads this, even though this is a discussion thred.
    The preview I saw on my iPhone thru Flixter showed the foot prints on the floor, the sheets being blown around and the the boyfriend being thown at the camera at the end, among other things, intermixed with those audience shots. With a movie that has so little going on I thought it spoiled it for me a little bit.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

That's all I've seen too. I'm perfectly happy going in blind to this movie.

3. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

The second ending (not the original) is on Youtube. Search for Paranormal Activity REAL Ending Night.

4. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

^^
    Thanks for that!

5. ywood

ywood Auditioning

Matthew
    hmmmm

6. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

I saw this movie this weekend and thought it was really creepy and some parts had me jump out of my seat. I'm not a big fan of horror movies because a lot of scary movies are just made to gross you out with all the gore. I tend to like movies like the Grudge, etc which are more creepy than anything else. To tell the truth if I was in their situation I'd be out of that house the first night.

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

8. Brett_M

Brett_M Screenwriter

Brett Meyer
    I saw this yesterday and it is pretty scary. I'd rank it right up there with The Shining, Session 9 and The Changeling (my favorite creepy thrillers). It's not Exorcist scary but it is very atmosphereic and subtle.

Things that go "bump" in the night...

Shadows....

There is a palpable sense of dread throughout.

9. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

Yeah, you have the same idea I had Travis. I'd be out of there and leave the girl behind.

10. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    I just got back from watching it and thought it was great. As a horror fan I've been buying hyped up movies for over two decades now and to me the majority of them turn out to be piss poor films. That's certainly not the case here because all the hype I heard was actually right on target. There were at least three sequences that had my blood turning ice cold.

11. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I didn't really like Blair Witch but I did enjoy this movie. I have to admit, it scared me. I'll be needing a light or two on tonight.

12. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Cinematographer

Chris

13. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

to me the simple things scared me like her standing by the bed for hours

14. karamea

karamea Auditioning

karamea
    So I have just watched paranormal activity for the first time and I could not help but notice the fact that they could not even get the dates and the nights matched up correctly. This is consistent through out the entire movie. What I mean is on night 1 it is September 18th at 11:24:06 pm. This night leads into the 19th at midnight which is still night 1. This leads to what they call 'night 3' on September 20th at 12:31:04am which is in fact only the second night. This is because as I mentioned earlier during night 1, as the time passes past midnight to the 19th it is still night 1 and then during the next night which should be night 2, the dates will pass from the 19th to the 20th. So when they say it is the 20th at 12:31:04 am this can only be during the second night. This is consistent throughout the entire movie, the days say they are all one ahead of what they actually are!!!

For me it was alot more distracting proving this right than watching the movie itself

15. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

John Co
    Finally saw this last night, in advance of seeing PA2. I enjoyed it. But I was a little letdown in that I thought it was supposed to be a true story. But since seeing it and doing some research online, it is apparently NOT a true story. Just done up to seem as though it were. Still enjoyable and yes, scary without overblown demons, ghouls or zombies, which I usually find BORING. I will watch PA2 when it comes out on DVD.