What's new

*** Official PAPARAZZI Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Labor Day weekend release, no advance screenings, the Fox Swimfan slot - all the signs of a throwaway.

I wouldn't pay to see it in a theater, but it looks like it could be a fun mindless rental. 20 years ago this would have been a Cannon Films release; now it is a major studio release - while Napoleon Dynamite is still not in wide release. :frowning:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Paparazzi" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Paparazzi" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
What's this movie even about? The tv spots make it looks like an actor goes beserker and starts blowing paparazzi up or something.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor

You've just done in one sentence what the screenwriters probably took several pages to pitch. The general consensus is that this is simply wish-fulfillment for producer Mel Gibson, which makes it that much funnier!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just watched this movie.

i dont know if it was one of the funniest movies i have seen or if it was just simply bad.

did the red head sleep with tom sizemore before or after she witnessed the accident.
sure seemed like it was after.

was this just a Columbo script that was never used?
dennis farino almost channeled columbo to perfection.
once he even did the classic line.
as he was about to leave after questioning laramie he said,
oh there's just one other thing.
then later on he showed laramie a video of the jacket the one paparazzi was wearing and he said, very columbo like, "something about this jacket just didnt look right to me."
only thing is, culombo would have had him nailed before the 1/4 mark of this movie.

i guess they couldnt get don vito from Viva La Bam so they got Daniel Baldwin instead.

and what was up with robin tunney's and Laramie's voice?
their voices both seemed to be off just a tick the entire movie and the tone seemed odd too.
sounded like they were dubbed for most of the movie.

what was the deal with that dennis farina and the laramie winking at each other near the end?
that was just creepy.

the end of the movie, was that the ultimate irony or what?

how can the people involved in this piece of crap not be embarrassed about it?

were the cameos by chris rock, mel gibson, matthew McConaughey supposed to be their endorsement of the subject matter?

was this movie just a big load of propaganda or not?

what was the target audience for this thing?

what more can i say?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was okay, I rented it on my Blockbuster.com account and watched it this weekend. While being an entertaining film, I think that it took things a tad too far and the build-up to Cole Hauser's character wasn't strong enough.

I do believe that the paprazzi are capable of the type of behaviour depicted, though.

I also thought that Robin Tunney just sleep walked through her role. The best role went to Tom Sizemore, he was at home with his role and just made me hiss at how slimey he was lol.

Anyway, this is just one of those random movie threads to waste time in. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks