What's new

*** Official "PANIC ROOM" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I saw this movie before the movie Audition. And I think its going to be another Fincher winner.
This movie looks dark and mysterious. Great camera angles in the trailer too.
VERY anxious to see this on opening day!

TimW

Agent
What's up with the Spader reference?
If I was a director and wanted a boring, asshole character
I'd hire him, but I digress. :rolleyes:
I know Pitt didn't have too much to work with with Meet Joe Black, but just picture Spader in that role.
Tim

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
While I think Fincher is an excellent director, I just hope that he will try something new in his style in future films. Every movie he has made is under-lit or very dark and personally I would like to see a change and see what else he can do.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
What's up with the Spader reference?
TimW,

I think you need to actually read what was being said. It is extremely obvious that you did not and now you are making "rolling eyes smiling face" man at the reference to James Spader.

My reference to him had nothing to do with his acting or how he is better/worse than Brad Pitt. I merely said that I have a heterosexual man crush for James Spader.

MatS

Screenwriter
reviving the thread to continue spoiler free expectations/discussion.

is it too early for advance reviews??

Travis D

Second Unit
Yup, it's to early for reviews, but it is closer. The hype machine has yet to kick in, but if it is to kick in at all, look for it to be next weekend. When you see people bitching and moaning about it and other various things at www.aintitcool.com then you know it's time.
Unrelated, but I'll put 10 dollars that says at LEAST one talk backer at AICN says the following,"Panic Room suxorz a monkey! FINCHER CAN BLOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!1111!!11!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Peter Jackson RRUUULLLEEZZZ!!! Star Wars is SUCK!
Spoilerized in case anyone who has not experienced the brilliance of AICN may be spared.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Im really dying to see this flick, the trailer is great, one of the best. Fincher can do no wrong I think.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Mat,
I appreciate the revival, but this weekend was to be the unveiling of "The Not-So-Official Panic Room Pre-Release" Thread. But hey...you wanna bring it here...that's fine.
I am quite pleased with every new commercial I see. They are inventive and fun, and are really building anticipation for this. Many people I know (who I normally wouldn't associate with DF) are very interested in this. Between the Jodie fans and Fincher fans, there's a pretty diverse group here, much less the cheesy Hollywood thriller fans, who are about to get a big surprise. I have read as much as I can regarding this and I'll leave you with some comments by the MAN: Darius Khondji (DP Se7en) left production about halfway through to be replaced by Conrad Hall (DP Fight Club). Dave's reason: Darius wanted to shoot films...Panic Room is a movie.
Interesting...I wonder if we'll be able to tell the difference. I trust Fincher's instincts...he wants to make a movie. Fine by me:D
Take care,
Chuck
More to come, suckas!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
When I watched and was mesmerized by Se7en, The Game, & FC, I didn't really pay attention to who directed these films. Now that I'm aware of David Fincher, PANIC ROOM has been propelled to the top of the list of must-see films for me.
A way they could enhance the claustrophobia while watching the film - incorporate the closing walls from the garbage scene in Star Wars in each theater. DF's film seem to command that kind of overhanging dread and asphyxia. :)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
When I watched and was mesmerized by Se7en, The Game, & FC, I didn't really pay attention to who directed these films. Now that I'm aware of David Fincher, PANIC ROOM has been propelled to the top of the list of must-see films for me.

My thoughts exactly Peter.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Judging by the trailer, this movie seems better than "Fight Club", which I didn't like that much. I really like his style though, and if the story is good enough, this should be a cool movie. Actually, if you think about it, the trailer makes it resemble "Alien 3" a bit, a movie I liked.

/Mike

john harshman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
john
last week i read the book based on the screenplay because i could not wait to see the film. the book was not very good no Fincher twists. plot was silly and i personally had the thing solved I just hope some major changes were made when i go see it on the big screen.

ok cameras all over the house and they could talk to each other (bad guys good girls)......3 men want the money in the 3rd floor panic room....... tell the men to leave the tools outside the panic room....then go down to the first floor and stand in the sight of the camera.......... leave panic room get tools have criminals guide you through safe cracking get money (pocket a million or two for you and leave it outside the door of the panic room and still while watching the cameras to make sure they are in sight take cell phone outside panic room and call police... hell keep all 22 million) oh no but the book just kept going on and on dumb crisis to another

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I'm kinda skeptical about the film myself, despite Fincher's involvement. The plot does seem a bit outlandish to me. I've heard it being described as "a high tech version of Home Alone." Since it is Fincher though, I'll probably go and see it anyway.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
I have to wonder how much suspense they can maintain with guys trying to drill into a safe for two hours??
A High Tech version of Home Alone
OH, if only Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern would have reprised their roles for this :laugh:
-I'm always willing to see a film directed by Fincher that stars Jodie Foster.

Caroline_T

Auditioning
I really dislike Brad Pitt and him being in a movie almost ruins it for me. Fincher's directing style is the only thing that makes Se7en and Fight Club worth watching. I love Jodie Foster and really respect the work she does. I am excited about Panic Room and I think the trailer is well put together. Jodie Foster seems to be picky about the films she does, so jsut the fact of her being in the film makes me want to see it. Fincher directing is a great added bonus.

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I would imagine that Jodie Foster's decision to be in this film has a lot to do with Fincher's involvement - she was meant to star in The Game, but was dropped by Polygram in a legal dispute. I guess she probably still wanted to work with David Fincher, so she was probably happy to accept the role in Panic Room.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the film...

Users who are viewing this thread