What's new

Official Panasonic DMP-BD10 Blu-Ray player thread (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Mike:

As Leo Di shoulda said in Catch Me If You Can, "I concur" with Rachael.

Although it's not entirely dispositive, Panasonic has released four BD players since the 10 (the 30, 35, 50 and 55), with two more on the way. We could be in for a surprise, but I tend to think that if they were going to do DTS-HD MA support on that player, they would have upgraded the fw by now.

Having said that, your "du jour" comment leads me to say that, although I'm not a new release hound, I don't necessarily think that DTS-HD MA is in mad wider use now than, say, a year ago. What codec is used tends to be studio-specific, with Fox/MGM using it on I think every release, but Sony and Warner hardly using it at all.

I say that to say: take a look at your wish list and current collection and see which studios' titles you're buying/most interested in. If it skews towards a studio not supporting DTS-HD MA, you might be just fine with the "core" 1536 kbps that you're getting from those tracks now.

Having said that, if you're looking to upgrade, the imminent OPPO BD universal player would be an excellent opportunity for you to upgrade to onboard DTS-HD MA decoding and finally get SA-CD playback. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Too funny. But, sadly, I'm NOT looking to upgrade. Cost prohibitive. Same as purchasing a SACD player... :D Or a new subwoofer... :frowning:

Wait a minute! This is getting depressing! ;)

==========================

If the "core" of the DTS-HD MA is 1536 kbps, what is the level of lossless DTS HD-MA...AND of an SD-DVD's 5.1 DTS track? For comparison's sake. Thanks!

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Winston
Anyone have issues with the X-Files: Fight The Future title, and the BD10a. Just purchased this title from Amazon, in the 2 pack box, and the darn thing wont play.

First time i tried it went to the READING screen, and sat there for 30 mins. I just tried it again, and I got the menu screen that allows you to choose the EXTENDED cut or the THEATRICAL cut, then it hangs again at the READING screen.

Using firmware 2.4, and am downloading 2.5 as we speak.

Win

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Winston
Ok, after updating to the 2.5 firmware, the disc finally plays. It still took 10 minutes to get going, but i was eventually able to watch the disc.

Win

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Winston:

I've no experience with the X-File title you wre asking about...but, recently, the new Skynet Edition of Terminator 2 took several minutes to load in my BD-10.

Seems the ol' player is really starting to fall behind with some of this software that leans heavily on the newer features like BD-Live.

kirjautuneena

Auditioning
Real Name
tashaford
When a person carries a producer new television set that is higher definition ready they may locate which they possess a limited amount of ports. However, a person will nevertheless desire to appreciate all using the objects which they have particular in the direction of the television. To support out a person may consider buying an HDMI switcher. The dilemma that could take place regardless of the actuality that is they aren’t conscious of what usages to seek out out in one of those to acquire the quite most effective one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks