What's new

Official Online DVD Rental Stores Thread (1 Viewer)

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

Regarding the "blank" status at Number Slate... I pretty much consider them as listing that movie on their website, but not even having one copy.

I've had good experience with them shipping out movies that they list as "in stock". Unfortunately, less then 10% of their movies are listed as "in stock" though.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I am quitting Number Slate, if I don't get a shipment confirmation by tomorrow.

Hey, my one title says it shipped today (7/30), expected delivery on 8/2. Seeing how I added this "In Stock" item to my rental list on Sat. (7/27), I may get to actually rent two DVDs before the month is up... ;)
Actually, if none of my other titles even show up as in stock or shipped within the next week, I'm cancelling befor ethe two free weeks are up...

Jim Moore

Agent
Netflix has been okay for me but too often they do not even stock titles that I am interested in (not having any of the "Lexx" DVDs is just one example.)

I am intrigued at Number Slate because their site lists many of the obscure and arthouse films I am interested in. Although some of the feedback here makes it sound like they really don't even have all of the titles that they list, perhaps this is just a ploy to attract new members. Any thoughts?

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I just quit NS , they never had anything i wanted in stock.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Jim,

One of the reasons I signed up for Number Slate was they had some unique titles that I didn't see at many other online rental sites. (They espically have a nice foriegn selection.) However, I do question if they actually stock all the movies they list.

When you become a member and add a DVD to your queue, it shows up with an availablity indicator. I currently have 180 movies in my queue. About 50% are listed as "checked out", 10% as "available soon", 10% as "in stock", and the remaining 30% rest are just blank. It's that 30% that I believe they don't even carry. I have quite a few ECW/FMW DVDs at the top of my list that always get passed over, as well as some obscure/B movies that are never shipped. (Do they really expect me to believe a movie like "Tetsuo: The Iron Man" has been checked out constantly for two months?)

That being said, they do still have some movies in stock that I'm intersted in. I'll probably cancel in a couple months once I've seen all those...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks