What's new

***Official ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Todd_B

Second Unit
The cool factor is off the charts..

My ass is in the seat on opening night for this puppy :D

Todd B

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
I unfortunately missed both theatrical releases of El Mariachi and Desperado, but I will NOT miss this one!

So, how much was Rodriguez given to make this film, and how much of it was actually spent? Rodriguez is noted for making films for low amounts of money ($7000 for El Mariachi, and $2mil for Desperado), and I was wondering if he stuck to the same procedure with this film.

If I remember, wasn't Cheech Marin's character killed in Desperado?

8^B

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I saw this trailer on ET last night and the movie looked very similar to "Desperado" and "El Mariachi" with an addition of Johnny Depp character trying to catch Antonio Banderas. All of a sudden, I noticed Enrique Iglesias is in the movie as well. I'm not sure about this flick. It's going to be action packed alright.

When is this movie expected to come out anyways?

-bruce

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Thanks for the link, Scott. I hate streaming video....

Wow, Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Johnny Depp, Mickey Rourke, Reuben Blades, Willem Dafoe, Enrique Iglesias. Heck, even Danny Trejo, my all-time fave two-bit baddie! This will be one fun film! :D

8^B

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
That looks fantastic. The cast, the look, the music, the action (!), it looks like a winner so far. Let's hope it turns out as good as it's looking! (Salma helps quite a bit in the looks department) :D

-Dennis

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Much bigger than usual, but look at all the action!
Are you kidding? Bigger than the previous two, obviously, but in today's Hollywood $30 mil is nothing. Hell, I'm amazed that that even covered all the actors' salaries! And I'll bet we can expect a direct digital Superbit transfer too for DVD

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
So is this some kind of sequel or remake?

I was psyched to see the anticipated trailer at Bad Boys II. Awesome to see the old cast and even Cheech..awesome..

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Adam,
Many actors seem to work for RR for peanuts. Good for us!

Great trailer, and I eagerly look forward to this film. It looks suitably over-the-top yet flavorful, and it's been a long time coming.

Can't wait!

Take care,
Chuck

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I'm not sure about this flick"

Me neither.

Sadly,I havent liked ANYTHING RR has done since El-Mariachi

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Me neither.

Sadly,I havent liked ANYTHING RR has done since El-Mariachi
I think he's okay but there's usually something a bit off in his movies. I guess it's because I think he's a fun director but his stories are really uneven. It would be great if he could get it all together and hit one out of the park, but as long he's doing the screenplays himself I'm not sure that'll happen. Still, upbeat editing, and Salma Hayek and Danny Trejo, and Link Wray soundtracks don't hurt :)

Did the Roadracers dvd ever come out? That's a Rodriguez movie that I'd love to have but I think they cancelled it. Maybe they're just holding off until this sequel is released to do a tie-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks