*** Official "OLD SCHOOL" Review Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This film does its genre proud. You pretty much know what you're going to get when you go see "Old School" but there are quite a few laughs in this film that are of the gut-busting variety. Will Ferrell steals the movie rather easily.

If you're grouchy, this film will put a smile on your face.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    The film, on paper, is terrible. The plot is like a big mess of every college comedy from Animal House to Revenge of the Nerds. On the screen, however, the finished product is hysterical. It's really all about the delivery, and Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughan both do amazing jobs of making the film work. Anyone who is a fan of either of them shouldn't hesitate to check it out.

DJ

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Old School". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

4. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

Saw this movie last night. Pretty funny stuff. Without Will Farrell in this though, it would have been a flop.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

I had been looking forward to this movie since Craig Kilborn mentioned it on his show about 9 months ago! The idea of having Will Ferrel, Vince Vaughn, and Luke Wilson in one movie set my expectations very high.

The movie was definitely funny, but wasn't quite as good as I hoped. It had a lot more down time than I expected, but the funny moments were EXTREMELY funny. Ferrel steals the show, if he is on screen, you are laughing guaranteed.

If you need a laugh, see this movie it delivers most of the time.

7/10