What's new

*** Official "OLD SCHOOL" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Old School" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Old School" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
This film is a classic case of what is wrong with Hollywood today.

Don't get me wrong...I liked "Old School" and laughed my ass off quite a bit...

BUT, if they had taken this script to task with some serious rewriting by quality writers and fixed the entire second half of the film so that it equalled the first half...well, it would have challenged for classic comedy film status.

Unfortunately, the raucous laughter of the first half quickly gives way to a humdrum series of attempts to wrap things up before our time is up.

Still, enough laughter to make it worth seeing...I just wish Hollywood could develop a COMPLETE good script more than once a year.

DavidBelis

Agent
It was pretty enjoyable, but not great.
I'd give it about an 8 out of 10.

I enjoyed A Guy Thing more.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I laughed twice in the first 30 minutes and then spent the next hour mouth-breathing.

I found this one stunningly disappointing, as I consider Will Ferrell one of the great untapped talents in Hollywood.

And I've always dug Vince Vaughn.

Too bad they're given almost nothing to do in this movie. :thumbsdown:

todd stone

Screenwriter
"Too bad they're given almost nothing to do in this movie. "

How can you say they gave Will Farrell nothing to do? As I stated in my review thread, without Will in the movie, it would have totally flopped. Will WAS the movie.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Todd,

I'd agree that Ferrell's moments are the only things worthwhile in the film, but other than his streaking sequence - I felt he was totally wasted.

Dribs and drabs of Ferrell schtick isn't enough to keep my interest.

(I did like your review though.) ;)

James T

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty funny. I've been a fan of Vince Vaughn since his Swingers days.

I was kinda dissappointed with Craig Kilborn's appearance. All he needed to do was be himself on tv and he wasn't really able to do that.

My favourite part was with the cinder blocks. I couldn't stop laughing. It was like something American Pie humour.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I found the movie to be greatly disappointing.

Save for a few good moments, I found myself bored and unamused. I usually enjoy most of the comedies I see, but this one was perhaps the worst I've seen since Shallow Hal (come to think of it, Shallow Hal was a notch or two better than this wreck).

I enjoy Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and especially Will Ferrell, but this just felt like a bad SNL skit that went on for ENTIRELY too long.

I can't BEGIN to understand the audience buzz this movie seems to be generating.

And the local reviewer who said this movie has as many belly laughs as There's Something About Mary deserves to be taken out back, tied to a tree, and shot. :rolleyes

:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks