What's new

* * * Official MTV Video Music Awards Thread (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Some of the performances were OK (few were good) and they barely gave out any awards. Actually, Fatboy Slim won 5 out of 6 awards that were given during the preshow. I think he won the most awards of anyone else, but they weren't given during the show. Thats just mean on MTVs part. He is one of the talented musicians who is mainstream and he should have gotten recognition.
The show was barely entertaining at all. U2 is a cool band and all, but their performance wasn't a spectacular light show or anything. Linkin Park had a better performance, as did Alicia Keys, and even Missy Elliot. I don't like *N'Sync but their performance was neat, though Michael Jackson wasn't that big of a deal.
It really sucked.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I concur, it was trash.
Not too mention that terrible "duet" with JayLo and that rapper, what a suck fest!
frown.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I heard Triumph's bit on Opie and Anthony on the radio, but I have yet to see it! Every time I turn to MTV's rerun of the show (which has been, like 3000 times this weekend alone), I have missed it!
Where in the show is Triumph - the start?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Where, exactly, are these videos shown? I mean, MTV doesn't show music videos anymore....

On MTV they seem to only show videos in the morning, but on MTV2 they show videos. You also have MTV X which shows only rock videos. Of course these channels aren't normally on extended basic cable as MTV is, so I doubt they have many viewers. I watche them a lot though, it's fun to watch music videos (a lot more fun than the dreck that's on MTV)!
/Mike

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The best video of the year, Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice," got the most awards, but only one was actually given out during the show, which sucks for him since it didn't seem like he got the most awards. Lady Marmalade wasn't a good video, don't know how it won.
The videos are shown on Total Request Live. At least, the ones put up for awards are, purely because of fans liking them so much. If more people want to see N'Sync win than Backstreet Boys, then N'Sync will win, even if the video sucked. Thats just how it works.
The better videos are shown at night (around midnight and later).
The Triumph thing, Chris Kataan and Julia Stiles, and Daphne Aguilera were all different things used to comically get people to vote for the viewer's choice video. Triumph is around the middle of the show, and J-Lo left the show and demanded the butt joke be taken out since she was offended. To J-Lo I say "get rid of your butt or accept it that people talk about it and stop whining." Carson Daly took the jokes about him fine, but of course J-Lo couldn't. If she wants celebrity and fame, she gets it in ALL forms. What do you expect when you WEAR LESS THAN BRITNEY SPEARS and make BAD VIDEOS for BAD SONGS on MTV?
I wish they would have left all the mess ups in there and not edited it. The show sucked even more the second time around. That damn Britney Spears song is stuck in my head, or at least the background beat sound thing.

Ike

Screenwriter
They have begun censoring Triumph's rountine. He walks over to her, and the announcer talks over his whole conversation to Jennifer Lopez, which was not how it was in the actual show. And since they lose his bit with J.Lo, they also cut the end off of it, where he is just talking about what he just said. I don't know why she'd get so offended-doesn't seem like he said anything that every other comic hasn't said. He just said it to her face, and in a hilariousw way. Whatever-if you want to see that section, along with a whole pre-and post show sketch, they will re-run the Conan episode where they showed it at around 1 or 2 in the morning sometime this week. I'm sure someone can give you more concrete information than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks