What's new

*** Official Morrowwind (X Box & PC) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
This was the latest date I heard. Anyone able to confirm or heard anything different?

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I called around my local gaming shops today, they both said Thursday the 6th. I hope that date sticks. I've been waiting for a new RPG to play.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I gave 3 Electronic Boutiques a call here in Harrisburg and and all say it will be in tommorrow.

I'll be picking up my copy then. When I get it I'll be sure to post a full hands-on for you guys looking forward to the Box version.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I hear tomorrow (I also heard it indeed actually shipped to retail.) Anyone seen a review yet????

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Ripped from voodooextreme.com

"Rockville, MD - June 4, 2002 - Bethesda Softworks(tm) announced today that its highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(tm) for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, will be in stores Friday, June 7. The PC version of Morrowind, released in May, has already won numerous awards and critical acclaim for its outstanding graphics and groundbreaking gameplay."

Haven't seen any reviews online yet.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Romi - What's your computer system like that you run Morrowind on? To what level do you have the graphics bumped up?

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Even though I'm going to have my new workstation up this weekend (going to be sweet) I'm gonna try to play this one on the xbox. something about playing with THX Ultra 2 surround sound and a 55" screen that makes it a little more enticing than on my 19" monitor.. :)

Brian E

Screenwriter
CC has it in their ad this week, but the one by me has none. The Sam Goody at the mall by my office had four copies that they already sold out (supposedly).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Romi - What's your computer system like that you run Morrowind on? To what level do you have the graphics bumped up?
I play Morrowind right now with a P3 700, 512mb of ram (Just upgraded), 30 gig HD and a Geforce 3. I play at 1280X960 with AI distance set near low and view distance set to a little under halfway. The game runs very smoothly except when in populated towns, but even then its not bad. Turning on the the FPS meter I get around 45-50 FPS in caves and indoor areas. In regular outside areas I average about 30-35. When in populated towns I usually get around 20-25 with drops at times to 10-15 (Which isnt bad for this game. This is a slower paced game so high FPS in these areas arent horribly necessary)
I have also played Morrowind extensively on a close friend of mines computer (He lives a building down from me). He has a 1.8 gig P4 with a Geforce 30 TI500 and 256mb of ram. He plays with full view distance and AI set to high at 1024X768. Runs DAMN smooth but still suffers from minor slowdown in some of the highly populated area. Of course his computer puts mine to shame:). For some reason he refuses to bump the resolution up on his though. (I think he just wants to make me feel better:frowning:)
Believe me when I get my hands on the X-box version I wil go really in depth on how the game runs compared to both PC's I mentioned above. I'll also be sure to mention what the view distance is like on the box version since I know that is also of interest to allot of people.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Great I love comparisons! I was expecting a "Nobody calls me Romi so BACK OFF!!!" reply :laugh:
Later on...

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I am still deciding whether to pick up the X-Box or PC version...

I am rebuilding my PC, should be done by the end of the week.

P4-1.6a @ 2.4
512 MB DDR333
GeForce4 4400 128 MB
Win XP Pro
SB Live
etc.

I should be able to run pretty smoothly at some high resoutions on my 19" flat-screen... or DD 5.1 on my 50" widescreen HDTV... decisions, decisions...

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
widescreen! :)
Seriously, I'm getting ready to put together my new PC - waiting for the man in the brown truck to drop off a Coolermaster ATC-210 case as I type - based on a Athlon XP 2100+, but I'm still going to probably play on my xbox. Something about putting the HT to work that appeals to me a little more. YMMV.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Has anyone else had a store sales person tell him/her that the game would be on sale tomorrow, June 6? A Funcoland in Memphis, TN (I have to drive 1.5 hrs. to get the damn game because I live in the armpit of America) told me they'd have it. I don't know whether to get excited or not. What do you all think the possibilities are of it being on sale tomorrow?

Rob

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Robert, I'd make sure by phoning and getting them to hold a copy for you tomorrow before you take the trip ;)
It could happen that they will have it to sell. The stores are allowed to as soon as the shipments come in as the official release date was supposed to be earlier this week.
Dean

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Dean,

I've got my copy preordered, so if they don't have a copy for me, they're going to have one angry customer on their hands. But, hopefully that won't happen, and this time tomorrow night, I'll be in gaming heaven. I wish you all the best of luck in getting the game soon.

Rob

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I have my copy in my hands as we speak. Unforunately I am at work. I will be getting home this evening at around 8:00. Once I play for a few hours I will be posting my impressions.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Really? Lucky bugger. Can't you feel yourself getting sick? A chest cold or something, maybe a bad back? Should probably go home and get some rest. ;)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Romier, I ORDER you got go home. This is your moderator speaking.... Your boss will understand. :D
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks