What's new

*** Official MONSTERS VS. ALIENS Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I got to see this movie a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. The 3D was incredible and really, really well done.

Go see this! You won't be disappointed!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay, mainly aimed at kids, but parents/adults won't find much more beyond what's on the screen. The monsters grow on you, as I didn't take to them instantly, but as the movie wore on, their quirks and humor worked on a superficial level.

I did see the 3D version, and it was fine in 3D.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I liked it. There are plenty of references to 50's and 60's monster flicks that would fly right over kid's heads.
I don't think anyone in the Friday night crowd I was in even got the Close Encounters reference.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Not a great movie, but not bad either. It was an enjoyable way to waste a couple of hours. I saw this in IMAX 3-D and it was a really cool presentation. I got the Close Encounters joke, and so did the adults in the audience(which is funny that they somehow managed to turn a Close Encounters joke into a Beverly Hills Cop joke without seeming forced).
I hope this is not a gimmick, I really enjoyed the 3-D. Stephen Colbert makes this movie funnier than it would have been.
This is a solid B (movie).

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I thought it was really funny.

I don't know if it was me or what but I was seeing black horizontal lines across the screen during an IMAX 3D screening. I watched Beowulf 3D in the same theater and that definitely did not have black horizontal lines across the screen. It kind of looked like scan lines but spread apart. No one else were complaining and my friend next to me did not see them. Maybe it was those big IMAX 3D glasses that were defective. :frowning: Or me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Monsters vs. Aliens". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks