What's new

*** Official MIRACLE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Miracle" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Miracle" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I agree, I don't go to too many movies in a year, 1 is the most, but I am jazzed to see this one, this is 1 of 4 I might see in the theater this year, and watching the trailor during the Superbowl played a part in that for me.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Since the Academy Awards have proven themselves to be nothing more than a highly political industry-image / public-relations / mass-marketing / body-of-work award...I think it is high time Kurt Russell finally gets an Oscar nod for Best Actor.

Hell, they gave acting Oscars to Jack Palance and John Wayne. Crazier things have happened.

Kurt Russell for Best Actor in 2004! Let the Public Relations Media Blitz to Influence Oscar Votes Begin!

EDIT

OOPS! There I go, telling the truth again! Another round of hate mail for me!

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
What's the scoop on the name "Miracle" rather than "Miracle on Ice?"

I, too, am looking forward to this as I remember the bleak circumstances of the time Miracle occurred...

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
That game was for the right to go to the Gold Medal game, which we lost to the Czech team

better now..

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
We beat the Ruskies
for the right to play Finland
in the Gold Medal game.

The USA Men's Hockey Team won the Gold
in 1980, meaning we did beat Finland.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I really wish the results of the games would be put as spoilers. You're really doing a number on those who don't know the actual match.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
My best friend edited the sound for the film, and he says it is pretty good. He's also (unlike myself) a huge hockey fan, and he says that helps, but isnt really required to enjoy the film.

He gave it :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It's getting some favorably reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and the clip they showed on The Tonight Show last night gave me goosebumps. :) "Feel-good movie of the year"? :)

I'm gonna try and see it the first weekend, I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time.

Part of that is of course because I remember the Soviet hockey team very well, "the big red machine" was just awesome and IMO the best hockey team ever. I was just 9 years old and lived in Sweden in 1980, but I remember the Soviet defeat very well, it was a huge deal over there too (since the Soviets normally kicked the Swedish team's butt every time they played, and even losing by one goal or so was almost considered a victory :)).

/Mike

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I only very vaguely remember this event. What makes it miraculous, again? That the underdog beat the favourite? According to the PR, this is one of the most important moments in modern history. I presume that this is said without irony, as I suspect the film will be, which will not bode well for its international grosses.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I posted my thoughts in the review thread. I loved it. I got a chance to see it on Sneak Preview tonight. Had some slight authenticity issues with equipment, but the actors ability to play hockey was top notch (I heard the recruited former Canadian Junior and US College players and taught them to act, not the other way around) and the movie has some solid emotion. It's a great feel good movie...best since "Seabisquit" with more patriotism.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Love those Queen "We Will Rock You" and Aerosmith "Dream On" spots on TV, makes me look up every time they come on. Glad to see Kurt in something again, but where is the Captain Ron sequel? :D

Janna S

Second Unit
I know nothing about any sports (except perhaps a little about dog mushing) but I know all about this game, having grown up in Minnesota (although I was going to school at UCLA at the time, where no one had a clue). (Of course, I was in school at UCLA and didn't realize they had a basketball team . . . so I wasn't exactly clued in, myself!)

The only coach of any sport, any team, ever, that I can name is Herb Brooks. I tried to see the sneak in Anchorage last weekend (a former Anchorage hockey star, now a Hollywood actor, is in the movie, so the sneak was a big deal here) but it sold out.

There is a premiere (private showing) in St. Paul tonight, along with the unveiling of a life-sized bronze sculpture of Herb Brooks. The sculpture is going into a sports arena in St. Paul (not sure what it is, haven't lived in Minnesota for 25 years).

My brother-in-law is the sculptor, and he worked with Brooks' family on the likeness. I won't get to see the sculpture until I visit Minnesota in April, but I will at least get to see the movie tomorrow night. (PS My brother in law is hoping to get the chance to tell Kurt Russell that he parted his hair on the wrong side!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks