*** Official "MINORITY REPORT" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Minority Report". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Minority Report" should be posted to this thread.
    Since, I closed the previous discussion thread about this fine film, I thought I'll post this link so that any member can quickly review it while participating in this thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

The rave reviews I'm reading about this film,(except for Ron's), are making me salivate. I was already planning on seeing the film but now I'm really anxious to see it. I don't ususlly go to films on opening weekends but in this case I might make an exception.

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Same here Jay. I'm going to hit the theater straight from work tomorrow. I can't wait!

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

My review will be up later tonight, but Minority Report may be my favorite movie so far this year. (I need to see it again to be sure.)
    From my good buddy James Berardinelli's review:
    Now that's some high praise indeed!

5. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

I checked the times for Minority Report, and found it odd that each theater I looked at only had about 4 showings in a day of the film. Anyone know why that might be? It will be very crowded.

6. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

And it's a somewhat-longer-than-usual movie, at 140 minutes (plus previews).

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I've already purchased my ticket for the 4 PM show tomorrow!! Now I'm just praying that no emergencies pop up at work tomorrow PM... [​IMG]

9. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Not sure if people are aware of this little fact (I wasn't) - Minority Report is based on a short by Philip Dick (1956). He also wrote the short story for which Blade Runner is based on.

Pretty fine pedigree...I'm anxiously awaiting this movie. I've never seen so many movies on opening night in one year. This one will probably be added to the list.

10. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

I'll be seeing it in just over three hours. Man I love being well hooked up.

11. Travis_S

Travis_S Supporting Actor

Travis
  12. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    Rotten Tomatoes has 45 reviews for Minority Report. Only one is negative! That's very impressive!

13. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

A little off topic here...

So I go to buy tickets for it. But I can't buy them for MR at any AMC/GC in my area. What the heck? I can buy tix for it at the Loews and other theaters. I can buy tix for any other movies. No, it can't be that all the shows for the next week at 20 theaters are sold out...

Anyone else run into the same thing and know why? (It's been like this for a couple days.)

14. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Minority Report definitely looks like a movie I will love. I like futuristic city type movies. I loved Blade Runner, Total Recall, and the beginning of Episode II and this looks even better. Spielberg is most definitely at the most interesting point in his career. A.I. was easily one of the better films of last year, even if it was a modern remake of Pinocchio.

15. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

OK, my review is up in the appropriate thread. Plus it's on the TOP of the Minority Report page over at Rotten Tomatoes! (I love when they list the critics in Z - A fashion!) [​IMG]
    This seems to be one of those movies you like MORE a few hours after watching it. Hope you guys have a great time with it!

16. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Nice review Scott...I am so looking forward to this flick. Gonna see it tomorrow FOR SURE.

17. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Thanks for posting the review, much better than I can put into words [​IMG] . You nailed it Scott, its better a few hours after viewing it.

18. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I'm not reading yet because I want no spoilers, but this is the only place that I can say that I'm more excited because I forgot that Scott Frank was writing and that I LOVE Get Shorty and Out of Sight (the 2 best Elmore Leonard translations IMO).

I'll be joining the club tomorrow and noon Indy time.

19. Sarah Temple

Sarah Temple Agent

did anyone see ebert when he reviewed Minority Report on his nice little television show? i happened to be watching, and he showed clips from it that gave me intense goose bumps!! he kept showing the combination of classic film techniques and new aged technology and how they are intertwined to make a masterpiece. i am so psyched about seeing it tonight!!!!

20. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

One critic here in Boston has given the movie 4 stars. He NEVER gives sci-fi more than 3 stars. He seems to have a biased against sci-fi IMO.

I was thinking that this was a DVD purchase but now I'll be headed to the theater asap.