What's new

***Official Men's NCAA Final Four Thread Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
No Bobby Knight team would have shot 29% from the FREE THROW line in a NCAA championship game like IU did tonight...that is for sure.
I'm a Hoosiers fan...and please don't get me wrong...I like Mike Davis as a coach and as a person. But I still think Bobby Knight was/is a much better basketball coach than Mike Davis. But Mike did a good job this year - and he should continue to do so.
Do I agree w/ everything Knight did at IU? No.
The players played hard for Mike Davis during the tourney and made it farther than even us IU fans thought they would go this year.
So congrats Hoosiers! Job well done.
I would congratualate Maryland...but I'm still depressed over the loss :frowning: Give me a few days...

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Okay..after reading the following article on www.indystar.com I can finally say congratulations to the Terps. CONGRATS! Dangit anyway:frowning:
Hoosier fans - If you have the time, read the following article...
Link Removed
It really makes you appreciate the remarkable run by Indiana during the tournament. At least it did for me anyway.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Wow. Very cool article, Michael, thank you. I guess it's true, IU is more known for their reputation than their record. This is why I love NCAA ball so much. There's always a cinderella.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whew, that was one ugly championship game. How did both teams get stuck with championship game jitters for almost the entire game. How many house could one build with all those bricks at the free throw line?

Since I live in ACC country, I will congratulate Maryland on their very impressive season (going 15-1 in the ACC is pretty awesome in itself).

I did crack up at the expression on Mike Davis's face towards the end of the game, he was like in a fog with abig scowl on his face.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
It's interesting that Dick Vitale keeps arguing that the Final Four should be re-seeded. Doesn't he know that his very job depends on the ratings that the tournament generates and that those ratings are driven in large part by bracketed office pools? Or does he just want to appear concerned for the "best interests" of the game?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
No Bobby Knight team would have shot 29% from the FREE THROW line in a NCAA championship game like IU did tonight...that is for sure.
That's because if Knight was still the coach, IU would have went home to Bloomington after the first round. :)
I agree with Patrick's assessment -- that was one of the ugliest championship games that I can remember. Maryland finally pulled away at the end, but the Terps could not have been proud of that performance.

Scott_G

Second Unit
Way to go Terps !!!
Thanks for giving the ACC two in a ROW !!
It's nice to say my Wolfpack beat the Champion once :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks