What's new

***Official Men's NCAA Final Four Thread Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Indiana played a great game. OU seemed to lose it when McGhee fouled out. He was so much of their offense, and the Sooners couldn't replace his scoring. IU's defense was superb.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Aaaarrgh!:angry: This just ruins my day! I had no problem with them upsetting Duke but I picked Oklahoma to win it all in my office pool. Guess I'm out.
Indiana's shooting from behind the arc has been unreal. Anytime a team shoots like that, it's going to be real hard to beat them.
Go Maryland!

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
They play a better caliber of teams in the regular season.. and in the best conference in the world.

Matthew B. Pasant

Alumni, Michigan State University

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Even Purdue people are rooting for IU now.

BTW, I watched the Kent St game at a birthday party in Bedford (girlfriend's old college friend), attended also by Damon Bailey, though I didn't realize till afterward. He looked familiar but I thought it was just that I had met him before.

I will say that it is SOOO much easier to root for IU with Davis coaching than with BK there.

But I don't know too many IU fans who honestly felt that IU would beat OU. Indy is jumping now that's for sure. And yet we hosted the Big 10 tourney and IU got bounced out semi-early. Go figure.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Congrats Wayne! My luck was not so good however in my office pool. I had OU, Maryland, and Kansas in the Final Four, with OU and Kansas meeting in the final game, Kansas winning it all. Had a chance to tack on 3 more wins and win the pool, but nooooooooooooooooooo...I go 0-2 in the Final Four and am knocked out abruptly. Thanks a lot IU and Maryland!

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, so nice to finally shut up the Jayhawks. It was a valiant effort to come back and make the game close...my sincere admiration for your team.
In one forum, the childish 'Hawks fans were getting on my nerves. Going with my original pick of UMD winning it all. Having Puke lose was well worth destroying the other side of my bracket:)
http://tournament.fantasysports.yaho...ket&tid=570480

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Well, I had half of it right. Indiana is something else. Maryland played very well tonight, except for the four-minute stretch late in the game when they let Kansas creep back in. Although I like the way Indiana is playing, I think Maryland will be too tough for the Hoosiers. I don't think Juan Dixon will let the Terps lose. He's a heck of a player. Maryland wins the title.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
I don't know...it seems to me that IU is the team of destiny this year. They can do no wrong. Just show up and they will win the darn thing. Maryland is definitely the better team but I can't help believe that IU is gonna win it...somehow.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
Fair points. Indiana is having one of those Cinderella runs like Villanova in '85. The Hoosiers are in one of those stupors where they might not realize that they really aren't that good until Tuesday. :)
My vote is still with Maryland. Dixon is incredibly focused right now.
Matt said:
Well I'm bummed! No Big 12 teams in the championship!
True, but at least Oklahoma's women's team is in the championship game today. Unfortunately, I think they will have their hands full with UConn.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I will say that it is SOOO much easier to root for IU with Davis coaching than with BK there.
I agree completely, Seth. There is no way I would pull for the Hoosiers if Bobby Knight was still coaching there. However, last night I was rooting for IU.
Too bad Kansas lost to Maryland -- if the Jayhawks would have won the title, I would have won our office pool.
While Maryland has the better team vs. IU, Terp fans should be nervous of Maryland's inability to close out teams the past two years. They blew a 12 point lead with less than two minutes to go last year against Duke, then blew a 22 point lead in the Final Four last year. Yesterday they almost lost a 20 point lead in the final 6 minutes.
Maryland vs. Indiana makes it tough to root against either team for me. The Terps have never won a national title, and Mike Davis has really turned around the Indiana program. I can't win any money in office pool no matter who wins, either. :frowning:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the sentiment that it is much easier to pull for an Indiana team coached by Mike Davis than Bobby Knight. Of course, I have nothing against the players on Knight's teams, but I just can't stand Knight. I have to admit that I am a bit charged up about the whole thing right now because I just watched ESPN's A Season on the Brink.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
agree with the sentiment that it is much easier to pull for an Indiana team coached by Mike Davis than Bobby Knight
If nothing else, I'll pull for Indiana to win to show that they can win the national championship without being coached by an abusive, foul-mouthed asshole.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
If Indiana wins, it will prove that a good "team" comes first despite talent. I am very interested in this finals, but am not completely sure who I'd rather have win. Both are good stories for the media "hype".

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Acutally, I haven't been following basketball at all this season, college or pro.

But... inasmuch as I went to Maryland, I have revised my priorities. Can't wait for Monday! Indiana has surprised everybody, and I love them, but I am rooting for them to lose their final game of the season.

It is great to see an Indiana team with a new coach.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I thought it would be Kansas - Indiana in the final. At least I got Indiana right. :)
I'll be rooting for them.
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks