***Official MEAN GIRLS Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Jun 30, 1999
    I found "Mean Girls" to be an amusing, acerbic look at building yourself up at the expense of others in a high school setting. The script has Tina Fey's fingerprints all over it and it took me a little while to warm up to it, but as the film got going, it got funnier and managed to wind up its tale in a feel-good manner, albeit a little on the safe side, but the underlying warmth of the transformations shined through and through.

Lindsay Lohan has come mighty far from being those 2 little girls in "The Parent Trap". Most of the performances by the mean girls are just self-involved enough to produce laughs, while allowing some room for growth.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.
  2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Feb 12, 1998
    This thread is the Official Review Thread for "Mean Girls". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues, please use the Official Discussion Thread.

3. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Jul 4, 1997
    This movie can best be summarized as a tean movie with adult sensibilities. There are moments where the film does have lulls, and the writing could have used a few punch ups..

But all in all, the film plays well and Lohan is surprisingly good in her role, the second to her credit (Freaky Friday being a first).

The film takes a teenage subject and instead of turning it into something terrible and cliche, ala "New Guy" and the fleet of similar Teen-movies, it goes in a different direction and plays it smart.

For what it is, the kids will be happy and it's something you won't have a problem sitting through.