***Official MATRIX Collection Glitch Thread***

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John H Ross, Jan 1, 2005.

1. John H Ross

John H Ross Screenwriter

Disc 1 of "The Ultimate Matrix Collection" box set (Region 1) doesn't play properly on my multiregion Denon DVD-2900 player (bought in the UK).

The disc stutters several times during chapters 3 and 4 and then freezes completely halfway through chapter 5. When I re-start the disc, my player is unable to access any of the chapters from the "scene selection" menu or via the "chapter skip" button on the remote.

I've contacted Amazon for a replacement. In the meantime, has anybody else with the Denon 2900 experienced similar problems with this disc? I read somewhere that somebody had suffered a couple of sound dropouts...

John

2. Niko Nykanen

Niko Nykanen Stunt Coordinator

I experienced stuttering during the "Burly Man Chronicles" on disc... um. 7? 9? something like that. (Haven´t seen the first movie yet.)

3. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

I did a search already, but couldn't find any info on this.

I just got my Matrix Box set. Right out of the box, I was getting some "Bad Disk" errors. Has this happened to anybody else? My DVD player has had some flaky moments lately, so it could be that.
    Thanks.

4. John H Ross

John H Ross Screenwriter

Oh dear :-( What DVD player do you have?

John

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Uh Oh, this doesn't bode well, I hope it plays on my Panny S25. [​IMG]

6. Niko Nykanen

I have a h/k dvd30

7. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Has anybody had problems with a new DVD player. My player is a 1 year old entry level Onkyo. Maybe we all have a little dust in our lens. I no longer have my paper work from Amazon. Can I still get a replacement?

Thank you admin for collecting this into an official thread.

I got my DVD set from Amazon? Where did everybody else get theres? Do you think it could be related to Amazon?

8. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I got my set from best buy yesterday. I have a JVC XV75Gd. I thought I was experiencing slight stuttering on disc one.
    Not totally sure, was very very subtle.

Not a good feeling...I remember when the first matrix disc hit back in 1999 I had problems on my samsung and computer back then.

9. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Where exactly did the stuttering occur? I didn't see any stuttering but I'll have to rewatch to check.

I also have a Harman/Kardon DVD30 and the White Rabbit feature does not work properly. After I watch any of the featurettes, it takes me back to the beginning of the documentary then I have to FF to the point where I left off. So I just watch the White Rabbit featurettes separately. Thank goodness that option exists!

10. John H Ross

John H Ross Screenwriter

The stuttering on my disc occurred mainly in chapters 4 and 5. I gave up after that. When I took out the disc, put it back, and tried to access chapter 5 directly the player whirred away, a random selection of time references appeared on the panel (clearly it couldn't lock onto the correct chapter) and then it jammed up. The only way to release it was to power off.

Oh well... it's only like the MOST IMPORTANT disc in the whole set. Nothing special. If the replacement from Amazon isn't better I guess I'm gonna have to write off the $50 and try Region 2 or stick with the 1999 disc which I could have done in the first place. Marvellous :-(

John

11. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Sorry, I was referring to Niko's post. "The Burly Man" documentary does not have any chapter stops so if Niko can say exactly at what point the stuttering occurs, I can check. I did a quick skim and didn't see anything wrong but skimming isn't 100%.

12. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

It seems these problems are spread across many different models of players? I ask because much of the time this happens it is usually a specific manufacturers player that is experiencing the glitch (Toshiba & JVC being especially sensitive it seems).

I was going to buy this but if this none-to-cheap set has problems then I aint's gonna get it.

13. Niko Nykanen

It happened during the second and third follow the white rabbit feature. Those I remember without double cheking.

14. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Niko: I watched the "George Hull" (#2) and "Pre-Production" (#3) White Rabbit featurettes during the Burly Man documentary and separately (where they are NOT #2 and #3 respectively) and did not see any stuttering.

Do you get taken back to the beginning of the Burly Man documentary after you watch each White Rabbit featurette during the documentary?

15. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'm currently on disc 4 of the Ultimate set(Matrix Reloaded Revisited) and discovered a couple of cracks around the hole....no doubt caused by the deathgrip holders in the trays provided.[​IMG] Definately going to exchange the disc and buy keepcases to prevent further damage to them. Why can't Warner provide better hubs to prevent this from happening in the first place?

16. Niko Nykanen

No, that never happened to me.

17. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Hmmm. Strange. We have the same player but different problems. Must be disc-related then.

18. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

Haven't watched but a few clips of the movie discs, so can't comment on any stuttering.

However, strangely enough, on the "Revisited" discs (and not on the movie discs) my player (Panasonic CP-72) defaults to French subtitles. Of course, I can turn them off--but it's a weird thing, they default to "on". This is the first time anything like that has happened with this player.

Weirdness...

19. Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks Second Unit

Stephen Brooks
    Is there any way to contact Warner to recieve a replacement of the slipcases? A couple of the hubs are broken but the discs themselves are fine for now and I don't really want to exchange the entire set because different hubs might be broken on the NEW set.

20. mikey ra

mikey ra Stunt Coordinator

Hello All!

Quick question that some of you might be able to answer for me. On the 6th disc of the Uber Matrix collection (I believe its The Matrix Revoltions Revisted disc) I think I heard an audio glitch on my set and wanted to confirm whether or not its just the source material or actually something on my copy.

Under 'The Siege' menu, when I play the 'Product of Zion' featurette, when the actress Nona Gaye (Zee), talks about about her feelings about replacing Aaliyah, it sounds as if the word "Aaaliyah" when she speaks is choppy or kind of edited in some fashion.

Would anyone be so kind and check their disc to listen if this occurs on their copy?