What's new

*** Official Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the game, but I have heard that sometimes it's not the number of shines, but specific shines that can give you access to some stuff.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I just finished it with 71 shines, I'm now up to 77. I can't figure out how to get the blue coins out of the baskets in the small beach in front of the amusement park. I tought I needed yoshi but that little booger didn't help any...

paul_v

Second Unit
Looks like I needed to unlock yoshi. Once I unlocked Yoshi I unlocked the world that Yoshi unlocks by eating that fruit in the tube. I got the first shine in that world and both chase sequences with shadow mario occured one after the other.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I finally got to play this game yesterday at a Toys R Us with a WaveBird, and I'm just too excited right now.

Without ranting on, I just have to say that spinning on the tightropes was too much fun.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I gave up. I got utterly frustrated with it. Pressing the jump button and nothing happens on the secret levels, bad camera angles, etc. Tomorrow it goes back as a trade-in for Kingdom Hearts.

What do you get when you get all 120 shines? Put it in spoiler tags. I'll never finish the game so I don't care.

Mike

millercv

Second Unit
I haven't posted here yet since I was too busy playing.

I won it last night w/ 68 shells. The shell secret stage took the longest. What was interesting was I was playing w/ a wavebird through most of it and after trying the shell secret stage for the umpteenth time I tried switching to a corded controller and got through it the first time. So maybe my batteries were waneing and it was slightly lagging or maybe they don't have exactly the same precise control as the corded controllers.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Got the game and have about 6 Shines. So far, the game seems fun, but I can definitely see how it could become repetitive. Nonetheless, it's still fun.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Alright, I've been playing SMS since yesterday and I'm up to 39 shines. I'm addicted.

Thank god tomorrow is a friday.

BTW, the only annoyance with the camera is that in specific places, it will move around a little bit from where it was, but only once or twice has it moved to a completely wrong spot. The fact that you get kicked back to Delfino Plaza after dying in a level also sucks.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've had the game since Wednesday, I've got 89 Shines.

Sure, this thread is dead, but I figured I post my score so far anyway.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I received this game on October the 10th, and had it beat with on the 14th. I was able to get 81 shines with no help from gaming guides. As of October 16th 4:04 pm, I have 120 shrines total. I feel good now, but I feel the game wasn't worth fifty bucks. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks