What's new

*** Official Mario Sunshine (Gamecube) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I hate reading spoilers untagged, so please for me and others sharing my opinion. Post comments and cool things and everyones' love for this game :). I am sorry for sounding so imperative but it's for a good cause. I really do enjoy reading everyones' posts and associated stuff. Cool to play a game along with tons of others.
-Bert

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Yeah.
Have to fire it up now.
Cool!
:D
Edit: Initial thoughts.
This is Super Mario 64 on the biggest steroid drug ever made (whatever that is..).
That in itself,isn't bad.
I feel like playing a cartoon,the colors are so bright & vibrant. Anyone who liked SM64 will love this.
I'd right more, but my brain is jello,so I'm off to bed.
More tomorrow.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
This is now the Official Mario Sunshine Review and Discussion Thread. All subsequent threads started will be closed, deleted or merged with this one.
Dan

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Just got off the phone with ebgames and they said it's on the way to my door right now. Hopefully it will be here around 10.

Corey

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
the guy at gamespot who reviewed sms was the guy whose shenmue review got bumped from 6.8 to 7.8. i got a feeling there must be something wrong with him. i usually trust gamespot more than anyone else, including ign, but that gamespot guy turned me off.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Can't wait to grab this one today.

Call me, Gamespot! Call me!!!
(And please have Super Monkey Ball 2!)

I sure hope that this game's closer to a "10" than the Gamespot Reviewer rated it. What's up with the "7" for Gameplay??

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I watched the video review on GameSpot (it's free for now) and I think that the reviewer was pissed off by the camera and the fact that he thinks the water thing is more like a novelty that was stretched out for the whole game. Well boo-hoo, everyone else loves the game.

In fact, Gamers.com gave it a 10.

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Well, an hour in and so far I love this game!!! However, the camera is really pissing me off. Oh well, back to the game.

Corey

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Sometimes I find the reader review average to be more indicative of a game's quality than the actual offical review. In this case, the average of over 800 reader reviews is 8.5. That's still a great score, if not the perfect 10 that so many were hoping for. I'm curious to hear what other people here on the forum think about it.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I went to Best Buy today looking for SMS but they weren't selling it yet. I talked to a few buddies of mine who work in the media dept. that told me they had just gotten in 112 copies but were not going to put it out till tomorrow since it was in the ad. They told me they would sell it immediately, but wanted to make sure through corporate.
So, I went over to Circuit City to see if they put it out yet, but I didn't see it. I went over to the checkout desk that's over in the computer software area to ask about SMS, but the guy was on the phone. As I was waiting, I looked down, and sitting there was a stack of about 10 copies of Super Mario Sunshine. I was then afraid to ask because I might have gotten the "Nope, doesn't come out till tomorrow" line , so I slowly wandered around. When the guy left the counter, I walked up, snatched a copy, and hurriedly walked to the front and checked out.
I only had a few minutes before I had to run to class, so I thought I'd post this rather than playing the actual game and then "forgetting" about my classes! :) Ugh, I don't get out until about 9pm tonight. That's going to be a long 9 hours. :frowning:

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Hey nice move cameron, I would have done the same thing in your shoes ;) ...it's not fair for them to tease you like that keeping the boxes out in the open for you to see..too bad my copy's waiting for me at home, I'm working for another 4 hours :frowning:
Dave

Oscar_R

Second Unit
i was able purchase it on the 26th from EB. I wasn't able to spend too much time with it last night because of school, but so far its awesome. Still in the first level and have only managed to get three stars and three blue coins. so far the play machanics are very smilar to mario 64, with the exception of the jetpack of course.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I have to give EBGames.com a big :emoji_thumbsup:. Even though I didn't expect SMS to show up until tomorrow (I paid for 2 day shipping) I got my copy 10 minutes ago. I'm off to go enjoy some Mario goodness.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Everytime I expect ebgames to screw up they don't. Wish I had a gamecube at work...i guess I can look at the manual for the rest of the day :)

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Got my son's copy at my local GameWorld. Then again, I pre-ordered it. They only had enough copies for pre-orders. Local Best Buys and other big stores aren't selling it until tommorrow. From what I've seen, it appears to have been worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread