What's new

*** Official LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Lucky Number Slevin". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of Lucky Number Slevin should be posted to this thread .

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this movie this past weekend and loved it! I enjoyed it much more than I was expecting.

My only complaint was that the child actor looked TOO close to Josh Hartnett. From noticing that, I easily realized he was behind this revenge plan and that Bruce Willis was probably the gunman supposed to kill him but had a change in heart.

The only thing that caught me off guard was the fact of the cop being the one who killed his mother.

~Jason

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The give away to me was the line of dialogue that they repeated in regard to his past.

Still a very good flick and I liked the ending in which Willis as the father figure, basically gave his blessing by not reacting like he normally would've done.

Crawdaddy

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
This was one of those films where, about 10 minutes in, you knew roughly how it was going to end but it was still really enjoyable to watch all the pieces come together and there were still a couple of surprises, mainly the police officer scene.

Willis, Freeman and Kingsley were all great but Hartnett really surprised me. First film I have seen him in which I enjoyed his performance.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I really liked this movie too. I was reluctant to see it it but I'm glad that I did. All the clues were laid out in front of us from the start and yet it was still a great surprise for me at the end.

I also liked how Bruce Willis's Goodkat character understood why Slevin warned Lindsey (I think that was Lucy Lui's character right?). After all, he did have a soft heart not to kill little Slevin. So I guess, not only did he teach Slevin how to be an assassin as he was growing up but to have a heart as well. Great father figure. :)

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Add me to the list of those who enjoyed the film. I loved all the visual clues - Morgan Freeman's ring, Sir Ben Kingsley's shotgun, the watch - that are sprinkled throughout the film and figure into the "big reveal". The film plays fair with you and yet still manages to surprise (didn't see Stanley Tucci's involvement coming either).

I too thought the kid looked enough like the Hartnett so that you realize his true identity. But what really gave it away for me was when they showed the one bookie was killed by a baseball - a very nice means of poetic justice.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Just caught this on DVD and loved it. Surprised to see that the discussion thread only had 5 posts.

It was fairly easy to figure out a few of the twists ahead of time, some well ahead of time but I'll admit I got wrapped up in the story and forgot about a few of them by the time they were revealed. Great performances, especially by Josh and Lucy. That was the only death I got pissed at was when Lucy was shot. Glad to see that worked out. ;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it as well.

I just wish that scene where the guys come through the wall wasnt there.

With all the suspension of disbelief moments in this film, that one made me wince.

But it was alot of fun to watch. Suprising amount of humor as well. Charlie Chaplin came in 3rd in a Charlie Chaplin look alike contest :laugh:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The guys coming through the wall didn't bother me. It seemed to me that they purposely showed that it was a false wall with just a thin layer of drywall, not like a normal wall. Enough to fool most people, but not Willis's character.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I saw this in the theater. But, can someone with the dvd tell me what the alternate ending was?

Thanks!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Alternate ending:
Instead of Bruce Willis shooting Lucy Lu, Josh Hartnet does, in the exact same scene as in the original ending. When Josh lowers his gun, you can see Bruce behind him in the background. I prefer the original personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks