What's new

Official **LIVE** Questions Transcript --- WB Chat (March 29, 2005) (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
While they didn't have an animation representative there, someone did ask a question about the Spielberg cartoons and other animated properties, and Warner simply said "YES".

I could be wrong and the "YES" could've been connected to another question, but if the transcript going up tomorrow is a sign, we will be seeing these cartoons.

I could be wrong, though.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Very bummed that I didn't get to ask my question.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the info. The Wild Bunch was one of WBs early releases. TWB has been in need of a re-mastered anamorphic SE for a long time. It is amazing it has taken them as long as it has to revisit TWB. It is a classic blood 'n guts western.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Edwin-S: No, Ultra-Resolution is a system WB uses for digitally mastering certain 3-Strip Technicolor films. In an over-simplified nutshell, it digitally aligns the 3 strips into perfect visual synchronization. As they said in the chat tonight, it's very expensive so, sadly, not every 3-Strip Technicolor film will get it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

It doesn't. Everything is separate. You might be able to turn off those kinds of things as well--turning off mod actions might not be possible--but I chose to turn off only Join and Quit.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I don't know if WB should have done it, but I don't put a lot of stock in that particular YES. They had already said their animation people weren't there, and they couldn't answer any other questions about animation they were given. That one came across as a resigned answer to what was an extremely lengthy list in an area they had repeatedly said they couldn't field.

I may be incorrect, but if I'm not, I expect it'll cause them some headaches. People e-mailing about those titles, etc.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
No offense to Ron who was running the chat, but really he should have asked the rep to clarify the "Yes" question. I read over the chat a two or three times to see if he was answering a different question.

Paul

Rob T

Screenwriter
It's too bad that an animation rep wasn't there, but oh well. maybe next time.
It looks like we'll be getting an SE of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and volume sets of more Bruce Timm series though. :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I seem to remember a no to a Tiny Toons question later on in the chat and they did answer bout Popeye and Looney Tunes, I think they had some information.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

HD-DVD questions were off limits during the chat. The membership respected this request.

Steve

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
Well, having spent twenty minutes enduring a chat in which I could not read the entire answer (went off my screen), could not participate, and saw the kinds of questions and answers, with all due respect, if this is someone's idea of an "awesome" chat, I think I'll skip all further chats. Basically, it's a bunch of people asking about their favorite films, and WB reps saying, "Yes" "no" "watch the skies". Not my idea of a stimulating chat. I'd rather have the WB reps speak - a bold concept, I know - but speak, tell us things of interest, talk about the thought process that goes into what makes them release what, talk about elements. Or, at least some questions other than "Will this TV show be released, when will we see (obscure nineties film title here)" etc.

Basically, if I'm understanding what I've seen this evening, the live chat is a list of films that are either being done, not being done, or not being talked about at this time.

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
It was my first time at an HTF chat, and it was intimidating and frustrating, but ultimately rewarding (I asked about the Bowery Boys and other stuff).

Specifically, the oft-forgotten first Superman live-action films, the serials SUPERMAN (1948) and ATOM MAN VS. SUPERMAN (1950) starring Kirk Alyn and Noel Neill as Lois and Clark and the latter with Lyle Talbot as Lex Luthor are slated for future release. Unfortunately, no boxed sets of the great MGM shorts is planned (specifically, Pete Smith Specialties, Robert Benchley, and CRIME DOES NOT PAY) but they promised to continue to include them as bonuses on future DVDs.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

JohnMor: Thanks. Interesting bit of info. Did they use the process on the Errol Flynn Robin Hood? Considering its age the film looks amazing.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
It was very frustrating that when I had my chance to ask my question, my dialogue box froze which prevented me from doing so. :-(
Anyway I do hope that a "HOW THE WEST WAS WON" SE will come perhaps with a smilebox Widescreen to capture the Cinerama process.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Oh. I didn't know that people were asked to refrain from asking questions about the format. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks