What's new

*** Official "LEGALLY BLONDE 2: RED, WHITE, AND BLONDE" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

None of the charm, wit, or artistry of the first film. Combine that with political preechiness, and you have a mess of a film.

My wife--who is a HUGE FAN of the first movie--even felt that Legally Blonde 2 disappointed.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This film stumbles out of the gate in the first 15 minutes, but once the venue changes, it gets a little better as "outsider" Elle shakes up Washington D.C. in her legislative debut on Captiol Hill.

If you liked the first one, this installment may prove acceptable (thankfully Reese doesn't have to mug for the camera the entire movie, like she had to in the first film).

There are bits which provide some good laughs, but overall it's pretty even, and somewhat flat in energy. I got the sense that this film was totally a "money grab" project, and not something that really moved on-screen in any deep, serious manner.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I just watched this stinker on HBO, and am shocked it made none of the "worst" lists.

Whereas LB1 was a cute film with a funny law case, here we had Elle turned into a seeming PETA warrior for a legislative bill that for plenty of good legitimate reasons died.. and she uses hokery and tricks.. which defied what the first film was about.. that her growth in real knowledge of the subject matter combined with quirky past = accomplishment.

I can tell you right now, a lot of people probably heard the subject matter and stayed home. This is a film that should have never been made. I'll have to add it to my worst list now.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I liked the clothes and hair, but it seemed to undermine the point of the first movie in that everything in this sequel seemed to confirm Elle was naive or stupid, just like everyone assumed.

Weston

Grip
I'd give it 3/5 stars it wasn't that good like I'd watch it over and over again. It's kinda boring:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks