*** Official "KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST" Review Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Dec 9, 1998
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for Kung Pow: Enter the Fistr. Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
    Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
    If you need to discuss those type of issues, please post your discussion comments in the Official Discussion Thread for this film which can be found at this link.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
  2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Jun 29, 1999
    I saw "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist" last night, expecting the worst.
    I was pleasantly surprised that not only was this movie not the 2002 edition of "Freddy Got Fingered", but was actually pretty amusing. As is normal for a movie of this type, the humor is hit-and-miss, with most of the misses being the stuff in the trailer (I don't know if it's because I truly didn't find the trailer that funny, or just that the material was so familiar by the time I actually saw it in the context of the film).
    A large portion of "Kung Pow: Enter The Fist" is actually footage from a 1976 movie called "Tiger & Crane Fists", with star/director Steve Odekerk and others digitally inserted into the film. The original film's dialogue, of course, has been re-dubbed to follow this new story's plot. Sometimes the digital trickery is obvious, other times it's impressively seamless.
    Stick around for the credits to catch some "outtakes", some of which show how the movie was made. There's also an additional scene following the credits that is pretty funny as well.
    It's definitely low-brow humor, but that's the kind I like. Remember, I'm the guy that liked "Bubble Boy". [​IMG]
    My grade: C+ (worth at least a matinee-price ticket)