What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Some great MGM titles are in the works. Thank you.

I'd like to put in a word for Roman Polanski's 1967 film The Fearless Vampire Killers on Blu-ray.

FVK.jpg

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
MisterLime said:
It's not part of our current deal. The next release will be Robert Florey's The Crooked Way - Starring John Payne, Sonny Tufts, Ellen Drew, Rhys Williams and John Doucette - We should be be able to release this very cool film noir sometime in the Summer. Shot by the great John Alton.

Welcome back, Mr. Lime!

I'm looking forward to The Crooked Way.

Some United Artists film noir, which I assume are owned by MGM, would be welcome releases:

Baby Face Nelson (1957)
I, the Jury (1953)
The Long Wait (1954)
Nightmare (1956)
Try and Get Me! aka The Sound of Fury (1950)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Reed Grele said:
Some great MGM titles are in the works. Thank you.

I'd like to put in a word for Roman Polanski's 1967 film The Fearless Vampire Killers on Blu-ray.
This with Warner Brothers.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Richard Gallagher said:
Welcome back, Mr. Lime!

I'm looking forward to The Crooked Way.

Some United Artists film noir, which I assume are owned by MGM, would be welcome releases:

Baby Face Nelson (1957)
I, the Jury (1953)
The Long Wait (1954)
Nightmare (1956)
Try and Get Me! aka The Sound of Fury (1950)
Thank you, glad to be back. TRY AND GET ME is with Paramount...

We're planning to release a few noir titles, most of the will be available for the first time like WITNESS TO MURDER.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wasnt Olive supposed to release Try and Get Me and Beware my Lovely ? Ive given up hope :)

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Welcome back, Mr. Lime!

One that I'd like to finally see come to DVD is the Anthony Quinn-Charles Bronston western "Guns for San Sebastian." Is there a chance of Kino having the rights for that one?

Real Name
Takayuki Kihara
Welcome Back, Mr. Lime!

What I'd like to see on Blu-ray are 2 spaghetti westerns - "Death Rides a Horse" & "A Professional Gun (The Mercenary)". Both are quite famous for spaghetti westerns, but only available on Blu in Germany. I wonder if they are part of the MGM deal this time, as they are UA titles.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
David Steigman said:
Wasnt Olive supposed to release Try and Get Me and Beware my Lovely ? Ive given up hope :)

I see that a couple of years ago I made a notation that Try and Get Me was coming from Olive, but it's been a no-show.

IMDB actually says that it was released by Olive in 2012, but it never happened.

I don't know what happened to Beware My Lovely. I have it on laserdisc, at least.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Yeah, Olive seems to have put all of their remaining Paramount/Republic titles on hiatus and are announcing noting but MGM properties these past few months. Everything Feb-Apr in entirely MGM.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have Beware My Lovely on VHS. That was one of the films from Olive that I was looking most forward to upgrading to blu ray. Upgrading from DVD is one thing, but from VHS is something even bigger. Its one of the few times I can say I was really disappointed by a studio because of how much I wanted to retire the VHS. They must be having problems with the film elements or something.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Hi MisterLime. Good to have you back.

Any chance of Italian-US co-productions "Hercules (1983)", "The Adventures of Hercules (1985)" and "Sinbad of the Seven Seas (1989)", all starring Lou Ferrigno? I would love to see these in HD.

Does MGM also own "The Seven Magnificent Gladiators (1985)"?

Thank you.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Did WB acquire William Wyler's The Little Foxes, starring Bette Davis from MGM in the Samuel Goldwyn deal? Otherwise, would absolutely love to have a new digital hi-def scan of this classy classic. Also, wouldn't it be something to have Kino give us John Wayne's The Alamo on Blu? But now I perhaps am reaching a bit too far.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Nick*Z said:
Did WB acquire William Wyler's The Little Foxes, starring Bette Davis from MGM in the Samuel Goldwyn deal? Otherwise, would absolutely love to have a new digital hi-def scan of this classy classic. Also, wouldn't it be something to have Kino give us John Wayne's The Alamo on Blu? But now I perhaps am reaching a bit too far.
I'm pretty sure The Little Foxes is part of WB deal with the Goldwyn titles.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I really love this thread and its great Mr. Lime Scott has returned to share what he can with us. I appreciate all the efforts to have him back here.

It makes me wonder if Robert could arrange the same kinds of threads with other reps from other studies with these same strict rules. Maybe we could ask Cliff from Shout Factory, or Jon at Criterion , and whoever is handling Olive Films to spare some time to share what they can. I enjoy reading the posts and getting some insight. Its a lot of fun :)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Mr. Lime,

Congratulations on your return, from the many pages it seems that everyone is happy to see you back, I have some titles that I have a question about if they are included in the deal,

Fritz Lang’s Woman in the Window

Tom Jones

The Barefoot Contessa

The Lion in Winter

Coffy (Pam Greir)

The Miracle Worker (Bancroft & Duke)

Lilies of the Field

The Defiant Ones

John Boorman’s Hope and Glory

Darling (Julie Christie)

Silkwood

Thanks for your time, this thread is becoming one of my favorites!

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Really hoping you guys could do Not As a Stranger on Blu in it's proper 1:85 ratio. The current MGM MOD is full frame. It has great actors and a great director. Many of Kramer's movies have made it to bluray in 2014. This would make a fine 2015 addition.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
RichMurphy said:
Welcome back, Mr. Lime.

I know you can't comment, but I am hopeful that maybe some of the Ken Russell films under MGM control will make a Blu-Ray appearance. Thinking of WOMEN IN LOVE, THE MUSIC LOVERS, and VALENTINO.

I also would be happy to see Women In Love and the Music Lovers in blu ray. Hopefully they are part of your deal with MGM Mr. Lime.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks