What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
David Steigman said:
Hi Scott - I am very glad to have you back with us. ..I will ask one question for now - Does Kino have any of these films in the new deal with MGM

Konga

Monstroid

Yongary

Endless Descent

Curse of the Faceless Man

if not , can they be suggested to Frank, please ? :)

I second ENDLESS DECENT (1990, aka THE RIFT) and suggest to him, if you can, HIGHWAY TO HELL (1991) and ALIEN PREDATOR (1987, aka THE FALLING) another B-movie creature feature from the good ol' days I'd love to see on disc.

JColl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
joey c.
I was happy to get AVENGING FORCE. Hoping for more Cannon/Golan/Globus movies from the 80s (Bronson, Norris etc). Keep up the good work, GATOR and WHITE LIGHTNING look great.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
MisterLime said:
THE TRAIN, THE SECRET INVASION and THE McKENZIE BREAK are 5/5 - THEY CALL ME MISTER TIBBS, THE ORGANIZATION, PREMATURE BURIAL, X: THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES are 5/12 - ENTER THE NINJA and four other titles are 5/26.

Is this the 1964 Burt Lancaster movie you're referring to?

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Robert Crawford said:
You need to contact Kino at the email address below:

kino: contact@kinolorber.com
Thank you for the information. I have contacted that address but did not receive a response. I will try again.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
lukejosephchung said:
Welcome back Mister Lime...glad that you've returned to HTF and I'm hoping that this properly-moderated thread with new and clear discussion guidelines will keep you with us for the long term...excited about the titles you've already announced for 2015...keep 'em coming!!! :thumbsup:
Thank you, glad to be back.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
bruceames said:
Is this the 1964 Burt Lancaster movie you're referring to?
Yes. DVD only, since the Blu-ray rights are with someone else. But available for the first time in anamorphic widescreen on DVD - will include the director's commentary.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Welcome back, sir! Are you able to confirm Miracle Mile? Also, any plans for F/X and the sequel, Florida Straits (1986), The Earthling (1980) or The Day After (1983)? Thanks and great to have you back :)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss said:
This may have been asked before, but is the awesome Real Men (Belushi/Ritter) on your radar?

Let me rephrase.

I would like to officially, emphatically suggest Real Men for consideration if you are ever in the position to release it (and if so, you can announce it when you are good and ready.) :)

Paul Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
MisterLime said:
They didn't make the 72 title cut - I think all of these are with others - We plan to release 8 to 12 titles per month - 10 in April and 12 in May...

The deal is closer to 120 films, and 20 or so titles will be newly remastered in HD. Some really great titles. :)

Poo. :( Not the answer I was hoping for- but thanks for responding in the more or less definitive.

I was hoping Kino had them as then I could be confident of actually seeing them sooner rather than much later. Oh well. Still looking forward to the AIP's and assorted others.

I'm assuming the extra 20 you mention here are the Scorpion titles you will be distributing?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Paul Scott said:
Poo. :( Not the answer I was hoping for- but thanks for responding in the more or less definitive.

I was hoping Kino had them as then I could be confident of actually seeing them sooner rather than much later. Oh well. Still looking forward to the AIP's and assorted others.

I'm assuming the extra 20 you mention here are the Scorpion titles you will be distributing?
No, all of these titles are Kino releases. Scorpion titles are re-mastered by Scorpion.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
cineMANIAC said:
Welcome back, sir! Are you able to confirm Miracle Mile? Also, any plans for F/X and the sequel, Florida Straits (1986), The Earthling (1980) or The Day After (1983)? Thanks and great to have you back :)
Thank you, sir! Yes, director Steve De Jarnatt announced our release of MIRACLE MILE on his facebook page, MIRACLE MILE is one of the 20 or so titles we're re-mastering. Mr. De Jarnatt and cinematographer, Theo van de Sande will oversee the creation of the HD master. We will also release Steve De Jarnatt's CHERRY 2000.

I cannot confirm any of the other titles. :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Neil Middlemiss said:
Let me rephrase.

I would like to officially, emphatically suggest Real Men for consideration if you are ever in the position to release it (and if so, you can announce it when you are good and ready.) :)
I'll pass your suggestion to the powers that be. :)

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
It's great to have you back on the forum MisterLime. Also, are you in the position to confirm any of the following as part of the new deal Kino has struck with MGM:

The Bridge at Remagen

Brimstone & Treacle

The Devil's Brigade

The Entertainer

The Hallelujah Trail

Hawaii

The Hospital

Lord Love a Duck

Marat/Sade

Moby Dick

Runaway Train

Smile

Thunder Road

Valdez is Coming

The Vikings

SeanAx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean Axmaker
MisterLime said:
Thank you, sir! Yes, director Steve De Jarnatt announced our release of MIRACLE MILE on his facebook page, MIRACLE MILE is one of the 20 or so titles we're re-mastering. Mr. De Jarnatt and cinematographer, Theo van de Sande will oversee the creation of the HD master. We will also release Steve De Jarnatt's CHERRY 2000.

Marvelous news. Any chance of new interviews with or commentary by the filmmakers? With their involvement overseeing the HD mastering, it seems like a wonderful opportunity.

SeanAx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean Axmaker
MisterLime said:

Oh, and welcome back, Mr. Lime. So good to be reading your posts again.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Welcome back, Mr. Lime.

I know you can't comment, but I am hopeful that maybe some of the Ken Russell films under MGM control will make a Blu-Ray appearance. Thinking of WOMEN IN LOVE, THE MUSIC LOVERS, and VALENTINO.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
t1g3r5fan said:
It's great to have you back on the forum MisterLime. Also, are you in the position to confirm any of the following as part of the new deal Kino has struck with MGM:

The Bridge at Remagen

Brimstone & Treacle

The Devil's Brigade

The Entertainer

The Hallelujah Trail

Hawaii

The Hospital

Lord Love a Duck

Marat/Sade

Moby Dick

Runaway Train

Smile

Thunder Road

Valdez is Coming

The Vikings
Moby Dick and Runaway Train are coming from Twilight. Don't know when.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
First of all, welcome back MisterLime.

Now that you've released At The Earth's Core (thank you), is there a chance we might see the two Time Forgot films (Land/People)?

Possibly as a double feature?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
COMING IN MAY FROM Kino Lorber Studio Classics - ONLY ON BLU-RAY - SAM FIRSTENBERG'S REVENGE OF THE NINJA - STARRING SHO KOSUGI, KEITH VITALI, VIRGIL FRYE & ARTHUR ROBERTS

INCLUDES A BRAND NEW AUDIO COMMENTARY AND INTRO BY DIRECTOR SAM FIRSTENBERG

Attachments

• rev.jpg
    rev.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks