What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming November 21st on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Burning Bed (1984)
with optional English subtitles
• Interview with Director Robert Greenwald
• Included both the 1.78:1 & 1.33:1 versions of the film
• Trailer Gallery

738329216207.jpg

WilliamMcK

Second Unit
Real Name
Biff
MisterLime I received and watched my blu-ray of THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY? yesterday. I have a question regarding the running time. The blu-ray runs 120 minutes, but some sources indicate that there may be an alternative cut that runs 129 minutes... do you know anything about that? Thanks for any additional information you may have!

Reactions: PMF

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime I received and watched my blu-ray of THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY? yesterday. I have a question regarding the running time. The blu-ray runs 120 minutes, but some sources indicate that there may be an alternative cut that runs 129 minutes... do you know anything about that? Thanks for any additional information you may have!

The running time is 120 minutes, the 129 minute cut does not exist. I've heard, the 129 cut was the preview cut and Pollack cut it down to 120 minutes when the film was released. His commentary is for the 120 minute cut, his cut.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
Thanks for the reminder. I got my order in. I picked up:
Beggars of Life
Scarlet Street
Modesty Blaise
The Death Kiss
The House of the Long Shadows

and
The Hitch-Hiker

There were several more I wanted but there is only so much money to go around. It seems that the bill collectors always want their share. ;)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Question for Kino: I watched the Daredevils of the Red Circle BD last week. It looks fantastic for the most part and was very enjoyable. The original press release at the other site and Amazon both said this came with English subtitles, but my copy didn't have any.

Can you confirm if the initial info was wrong or if there is an issue with the disc as authored? Also, will the Captain Marvel disc have SDH?

Thanks.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Thanks Kino - Lorber for continuing to give us quality releases of deserving but neglected films .
Some suggestions for the future for BD :
Legend Of Tom Dooley (Michael Landon)
Wild Westerners ( Nancy Kovack)
Helen Of Troy
Stop Look And Laugh (Three Stooges)
Safe At Home ( Mickey Mantle - Roger Maris)
Soldier In The Rain (Jackie Gleason)
The Tingler ( William Castle)
Smoky (Fess Parker)
Trouble With Angels (Haley Mills)
Beach Party ( Annette and Frankie)
The Great Imposter (Tony Curtis)
Thirty Foot Bride Of Candy Rock (Lou Costello)
Beau Gest
Twist Around The Clock /Don't Knock the Twist (2/1)
The Misfits

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Thanks Kino - Lorber for continuing to give us quality releases of deserving but neglected films .
Some suggestions for the future for BD :
Legend Of Tom Dooley (Michael Landon)
Wild Westerners ( Nancy Kovack)
Helen Of Troy
Stop Look And Laugh (Three Stooges)
Safe At Home ( Mickey Mantle - Roger Maris)
Soldier In The Rain (Jackie Gleason)
The Tingler ( William Castle)
Smoky (Fess Parker)
Trouble With Angels (Haley Mills)
Beach Party ( Annette and Frankie)
The Great Imposter (Tony Curtis)
Thirty Foot Bride Of Candy Rock (Lou Costello)
Beau Gest
Twist Around The Clock /Don't Knock the Twist (2/1)
The Misfits
The Misfits has been out since 2011 from MGM.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Keep in mind that some of us aren't well versed in who published what, how those rights have evolved over the years as the corporate winds shift, or what deals a 3rd party publisher like Kino may have.

The three or four times I've suggested something, I've quickly looked to get some idea so I hopefully don't end up looking too foolish (Such as looking up an older DVD release to see who published it, to get an idea of what big studio likely owns it today). But mistakes happen, especially when we're talking 90 seconds of research beforehand.

I hope you're not trying to tell me that they don't have a deal with Sony (The Trouble with Angels). I figured since I had already seen it mentioned on the previous page, that they do and that it's fair game. So I wanted to second it. :)

Edit: So it's Twilight Time we should be hoping to publish this one, judging by a search. Sorry about that, I should've known better since I just watched TT's release of Born Free the other night.

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming in 2018! First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master From a 4K Scan by Paramount Pictures Archives!

The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (1975) Starring Michael Sarrazin, Jennifer O'Neill, Margot Kidder, Cornelia Sharpe, Norman Burton and Steve Franken - Shot by Victor J. Kemper (Dog Day Afternoon) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (100 Rifles) - Screenplay by Max Ehrlich (Z.P.G. Zero Population Growth) - Based on his Novel - Directed by J. Lee Thompson (The Guns of Navarone, The White Buffalo).

peter poster super.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Question for Kino: I watched the Daredevils of the Red Circle BD last week. It looks fantastic for the most part and was very enjoyable. The original press release at the other site and Amazon both said this came with English subtitles, but my copy didn't have any.

Can you confirm if the initial info was wrong or if there is an issue with the disc as authored? Also, will the Captain Marvel disc have SDH?

Thanks.

It does not include English subtitles.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Coming in 2018! First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master From a 4K Scan by Paramount Pictures Archives!

The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (1975) Starring Michael Sarrazin, Jennifer O'Neill, Margot Kidder, Cornelia Sharpe, Norman Burton and Steve Franken - Shot by Victor J. Kemper (Dog Day Afternoon) - Music by Jerry Goldsmith (100 Rifles) - Screenplay by Max Ehrlich (Z.P.G. Zero Population Growth) - Based on his Novel - Directed by J. Lee Thompson (The Guns of Navarone, The White Buffalo).

View attachment 40430
Holy Margot Kidder in the bathtub Batman! Day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks