What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Any word on how recent the transfer is for They Shoot Horses or if the stereo tracks survived and will be used? The laserdisc box set was pretty well done for it's time and it's been on my top 10 HD want list for many years!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Dear Mr Lime
I've put in an Amazon order for two of the Wertmuller Blu ray releases ... Swept Away and Summer NIghts. The 'Swept Away' shows in my basket only as a DVD -- is this a dual package so that I'll be sure of getting the Blu ray despite the DVD description?
Thanks

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Dear Mr Lime
I've put in an Amazon order for two of the Wertmuller Blu ray releases ... Swept Away and Summer NIghts. The 'Swept Away' shows in my basket only as a DVD -- is this a dual package so that I'll be sure of getting the Blu ray despite the DVD description?
Thanks

The last I read Kino was working on a 2 or 4K restoration of Swept Away but I haven't read anything about a blu-ray release yet.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The last I read Kino was working on a 2 or 4K restoration of Swept Away but I haven't read anything about a blu-ray release yet.
The Wertmullers are being released as single discs, either Blu-ray or DVD, according to KL's website. You can get the Blus there but not for some reason through Amazon.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pre-Pre-Order Sale Continues!
All KLSC September Releases Up to 50% Off!
Final 2 Days - Ends Monday, August 14th!
Free Shipping: USA orders of $50 or more – Canada orders of $100 or more

• NOTE • Customers who've already ordered these titles will be charged these "Special P-P-O" prices when their orders are ready to ship.

• PLUS • If you end up ordering these titles AFTER the “Special P-P-O” sale, we’ve added pre-order price protection to our website. Where the customer will be charged the lowest price offered by KLSC between the time the order is placed and the release date of the Blu-ray or DVD. But not these promotional prices, which are only available to customers who’ve ordered these discs during or prior to the promotion.

•• To receive orders before or on street date, please don't mix titles coming out early in the month with ones scheduled for later in the month.

9/5: They Shoot Horses, Don’t They? $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/5: The Birthday Party $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/12: Custer of the West $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/12: Krakatoa, East of Java $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/12: Visit to a Small Planet $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/12: Tobor the Great $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/19: Adventures of Captain Marvel $14.97 Blu-ray | $10.97 DVD
9/19: Love with the Proper Stranger $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/19: Red Line 7000 $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/19: Funny Bones $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/26: The Long Riders $15.97 Blu-ray | $11.97 DVD
9/26: Dimension 5 $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/26: Cyborg 2087 $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/26: SpaceCamp $14.97 Blu-ray | $9.98 DVD
9/26: OSS 117: Five Film Collection $32.97 Blu-ray | $27.99 DVD

https://www.klstudioclassics.com/list/view/code/septemberpreordersale

20689595_1500013906722178_8777046013060664988_o.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Dear Mr Lime
Thanks

Amazon incorrectly lists the Blu-ray as dual format.

Here are links to both the DVD and BD

https://www.amazon.com/Swept-Away-G...TF8&qid=1502642399&sr=1-2&keywords=swept+away

https://www.amazon.com/Swept-Away-G...TF8&qid=1502642425&sr=1-2&keywords=swept+away

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Dear Mr Lime
Thanks

The audio is 2.0. The transfer is a very good master done by Disney a few years ago, that's all I know.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Woman in Red (1984) Starring Gene Wilder, Charles Grodin, Joseph Bologna, Judith Ivey, Kelly LeBrock and Gilda Radner - Shot by Fred Schuler (The King of Comedy) - Co-written by Gene Wilder (Haunted Honeymoon), Yves Robert (The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe) & Jean-Loup Dabadie (Pardon Mon Affaire) - Directed by Gene Wilder (Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother)

Woman_in_Red_poster.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Scott ,

are you allowed to announce the release date for the first season of The Outer Limits yet? ;)

We were shooting for November, but that's no longer possible, now we're shooting for early December. But the window for December is pretty small, just December 5th and 12th. We never release anything on the last 2 weeks of December.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Thanks Scott,

with all the releases, and work being done by Kino, it's got to be trying sometimes to answer all the questions and keep up on all the releases and request. As for The Outer Limits if it come in December, many will be happy, if it has to wait, to be released proper, many will be happy, because honestly many of us have been waiting a long, long time; after all the time waiting i think most of us would rather wait for the knock your sock off release than something that was rushed to make a deadline.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks Mr Lime ;;; I've ordered according to the first link given. But I hope it's correct .. in the basked it still shows as DVD! I hope they rectify this soon or else a lot of people will be going crazy!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 3rd!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Stone Cold Dead (1979)
• Interview with Director George Mendeluk
• Audio commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger and Nathaniel Thompson
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Original Theatrical Trailer

SCD.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 3rd on Blu-ray!

City of Industry (1997)
• Audio commentary by Steve Mitchell, producer-director of King Cohen, and film historian Nathaniel Thompson
• Reversible Blu-ray Art

city.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 3rd on Blu-ray!

Original Gangstas (1996) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Director Larry Cohen, moderated by Filmmaker Elijah Drenner

OG.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming From Scorpion Releasing on October 3rd!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

Kill and Kill Again (1981)
• Audio interview with star James Ryan
• On-camera interview with writer John Crowther
• Isolated music track from the original 3 track Mag sound

738329216818.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics