What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just watched the new Blu-ray for "Sunset In The West" and it is absolutely stunning! Just wanna throw it out there that if Kino ever wants to release any other Roy Rogers movies, after seeing how good this one looked, I'm definitely onboard.

We have one more Rogers/Witney movie in TruColor and we hear it even looks better than Sunset. We also will be releasing a couple of more TruColor restorations in 2017 and 2018.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We have one more Rogers/Witney movie in TruColor and we hear it even looks better than Sunset. We also will be releasing a couple of more TruColor restorations in 2017 and 2018.

Thank you, sir, you made my day. I'll pre-order any TruColor restorations you offer us!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Wow, yet again, Kino hits it out of the ballpark with the fabulous Old Ironsides, a phenomenal silent classic with Farrell, Ralston, Beery and Bancroft directed by the great James Cruz. My only heartbreak is that, if this is the last of the silent Paramounts, it might mean that there is no hope for Cruz's masterpiece, The Covered Wagon. Please tell me that that isn't so. Heartbreaking, as I've seen this film three times in theater and it is one of the best motion pictures I've ever experienced. Mr. Lime, is there no hope?
He said there was one more.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
We also will be releasing a couple of more TruColor restorations in 2017 and 2018.

i hope one of them is Come Next Spring (1956) (which i haven't seen) since i'm a Steve Cochran fan and I love The Quiet Man!
i think i see there isn't any official DVD either!

Come_Next_Spring_FilmPoster.jpeg

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Mr. Lime, how long does it take to release a title from announcement to actual release date?

Is it different for each title, or do you have a set length of time? Are there factors involved?

Thanks if you can answer in any way.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Krakatoa: East of Java (1968) Starring Maximilian Schell, Diane Baker, Brian Keith, Rossano Brazzi and Sal Mineo - Shot by Manuel Berenguer (King of Kings) - Written by Bernard Gordon (55 Days at Peking) and Cliff Gould (Macho Callahan) - Music by Frank De Vol (The Dirty Dozen) - Directed by Bernard L. Kowalski (Stiletto, Sssssss)

105b668a89a3924ad61ef3439a261e2d.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mr. Lime, how long does it take to release a title from announcement to actual release date?

Is it different for each title, or do you have a set length of time? Are there factors involved?

Thanks if you can answer in any way.

It varies, some (One, Two, Three) are announced a couple of months before release, others (Hangover Square) was announced months ago and we're still not close to an actual street date. There are always unforeseen issues that come up.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

Krakatoa: East of Java (1968) Starring Maximilian Schell, Diane Baker, Brian Keith, Rossano Brazzi and Sal Mineo - Shot by Manuel Berenguer (King of Kings) - Written by Bernard Gordon (55 Days at Peking) and Cliff Gould (Macho Callahan) - Music by Frank De Vol (The Dirty Dozen) - Directed by Bernard L. Kowalski (Stiletto, Sssssss)

View attachment 37772

Very happy at this news! But I have to ask the inevitable. Will it be the original uncut Roadshow version including overture and intermission?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see it on the Krakatoa master. The master for Duel in the Sun is the roadshow version.

Great news on Duel In The Sun, not so great news on Krakatoa East Of Java but I totally understand that as a third party, you can only work with the material you've been given!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Still gotta wonder how "Krakatoa" was so egregiously misnamed as being "East Of Java." Not a lot of quality control there, and it was never corrected.
Well, if you do a Phileas Fogg, then the title is correct (although it may take you 79 days to get there)

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Hopefully the audio on Java will be discrete LCRS.(Original 4-track mix made at Pinewood Studios sound department).
During my time at Disney, I recall they had a 70mm print.
If they don't have the 35mm fullcoat master, it should not be a problem extracting the LCRS from the print. I think Chace can do this. I don't think a two-track stereo was on the dvd, so a discrete track (4.0 or 5.1) should be a possibility.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I didn't see it on the Krakatoa master. The master for Duel in the Sun is the roadshow version.

Misterlime,

Do you know if the HD master is the 131 minute version that was on the MGM dvd? While that version was missing the overture and intermission, it at least had the longer cut of the movie. Also I'm sure it might be too early to say, but do you know if their remaster was in the 2:20 70mm aspect ratio, or the 2:35 ratio they used from the 35mm prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks