What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Hurricane, The (1937) is showing as temporarily out of stock but you are still allowed to order it. Since it is going out of print does this mean it is now sold out for good?

Oh no. I just put it in my cart.

EDIT: Sent the order on through, hoping for the best.

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
(I took a quick look on Amazon just for the heck of it, and they have Kino's Blu-ray artwork on their listings for the various BOOK formats!)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hurricane, The (1937) is showing as temporarily out of stock but you are still allowed to order it. Since it is going out of print does this mean it is now sold out for good?

Oh no. I just put it in my cart.
EDIT: Sent the order on through, hoping for the best.

I'm pretty sure we still have stock. The DVD is very limited.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Thanks to this Spring Sale, I just dropped $80 that I didn't need to, but the deals are just too good to pass up. I really do appreciate these sales, though. I don't know whether or not it's a mistake, but the blu of Loophole shows a price of $9.98.

edit: Sorry, but I didn't notice in Mr. Lime's post that blu ray prices were from 9.98-11.98. 3 Bad Men is 9.98!!

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
I picked up The Purple Plain and Two For the Seesaw in the sale - two titles I've been wanting to get for a while. Thanks, Mister Lime and the fine folks at Kino!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon! First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master From a 2K Scan!

Old Ironsides (1926) Starring Charles Farrell, Esther Ralston, Wallace Beery and George Bancroft - Produced and Directed by James Cruz

old_ironsides.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I can't wait until those W.C. Fields silents get street dates - I've been rewatching the DVDs I have of his sound films and am really excited to own some of his silent work, which I've seen theatrically but never at home.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Wow, yet again, Kino hits it out of the ballpark with the fabulous Old Ironsides, a phenomenal silent classic with Farrell, Ralston, Beery and Bancroft directed by the great James Cruz. My only heartbreak is that, if this is the last of the silent Paramounts, it might mean that there is no hope for Cruz's masterpiece, The Covered Wagon. Please tell me that that isn't so. Heartbreaking, as I've seen this film three times in theater and it is one of the best motion pictures I've ever experienced. Mr. Lime, is there no hope?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I believe Old Ironsides is the last Paramount silent in this batch that Kino licensed. I'm looking forward to it.

Wow, yet again, Kino hits it out of the ballpark with the fabulous Old Ironsides, a phenomenal silent classic with Farrell, Ralston, Beery and Bancroft directed by the great James Cruz. My only heartbreak is that, if this is the last of the silent Paramounts, it might mean that there is no hope for Cruz's masterpiece, The Covered Wagon. Please tell me that that isn't so. Heartbreaking, as I've seen this film three times in theater and it is one of the best motion pictures I've ever experienced. Mr. Lime, is there no hope?

We have one more Paramount silent to announce.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I just watched the new Blu-ray for "Sunset In The West" and it is absolutely stunning! Just wanna throw it out there that if Kino ever wants to release any other Roy Rogers movies, after seeing how good this one looked, I'm definitely onboard.

Totally agree about how great SUNSET IN THE WEST looks. Would love to see TRAIL OF ROBIN HOOD, Roy's TruColor Christmas film also. How could you not like Roy riding to the aid of a retired Jack Holt who has bad guys smuggling his Christmas trees? Roy enlists his Republic co-stars to assist (Rex Allen, Monte Hale, Rocky Lane and old-timers Tom Tyler, Ray Corrigan and Tom Keene)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks