What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Magnificent! Yes, thanks Kino Lorber.
The Production ★★★★ out of ★★★★★
Video ★★★★★ out of ★★★★★
Audio ★★★★1/2 out of ★★★★★

"Great performances and a fascinating tale of arrest and trial make Richard Fleischer’s Compulsion a rather unique example of historical crime fiction. Kino Lorber’s Blu-ray release of this new high definition restoration is aces all around and worthy of much praise. Recommended!" - Matt Hough, Home Theater Forum

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/compulsion-blu-ray-review/

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I would think that THE NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKYS and THE BIRTHDAY PARTY would be the 2 films Friedkin would be involved in as they both come from libraries KL are involved with

DEAL OF THE CENTURY might be one as well if its a one off deal like they did with THE WANDERERS

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Given that Friedkin doesn't even mention DEAL OF THE CENTURY (or THE GUARDIAN) in his autobiography, I doubt commentary will be forthcoming. :) I'd like to see the sorely neglected RAMPAGE get proper treatment.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Given that Friedkin doesn't even mention DEAL OF THE CENTURY (or THE GUARDIAN) in his autobiography, I doubt commentary will be forthcoming. :) I'd like to see the sorely neglected RAMPAGE get proper treatment.

Believe it or not Friedkin actually did record a commentary for The Guardian...which frankly I would call his worst picture by miles. On the old DVD there is a commentary listed. I have not seen the film since it played in theaters, never purchased the DVD nor the more recent blu-ray release. I just can't stand the film and have not been able to bring myself to watch it again never mind purchase a copy of this stinker.

Were I to watch it again I would want to watch it with his commentary because I would love to hear him explain how he made such a rotten picture and why he even bothered to proceed with making it. I know he meant for it to be an "adult fairy tale" but wow, it is terrible. I basically think Deal of the Century is a masterpiece in comparison to The Guardian.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I would think that THE NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKYS and THE BIRTHDAY PARTY would be the 2 films Friedkin would be involved in as they both come from libraries KL are involved with
Olive has THE NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKY'S. They released it on blu-ray a year or so ago.

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY is a good guess though.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Nominated For 5 Oscars!
Including Best Actress (Streep), Best Supporting Actress (Cher), Best Director (Nichols) & Best Screenplay (Ephron and Arlen)

Silkwood (1983) Starring Meryl Streep, Kurt Russell, Cher, Craig T. Nelson, Fred Ward, Ron Silver, Josef Sommer, Charles Hallahan, Bruce McGill, Tess Harper, M.Emmet Walsh, Bill Cobb and David Stathairn - Written by Nora Ephron and Alice Arlen - Cinematography by Miroslav Ondrícek - Music by Georges Delerue - Edited by Sam O'Steen (Oscar Nominee) - Produced and Directed by Mike Nichols

silkwood.jpg

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Nominated For 5 Oscars!
Including Best Actress (Streep), Best Supporting Actress (Cher), Best Director (Nichols) & Best Screenplay (Ephron and Arlen)

Silkwood (1983) Starring Meryl Streep, Kurt Russell, Cher, Craig T. Nelson, Fred Ward, Ron Silver, Josef Sommer, Charles Hallahan, Bruce McGill, Tess Harper, M.Emmet Walsh, Bill Cobb and David Stathairn - Written by Nora Ephron and Alice Arlen - Cinematography by Miroslav Ondrícek - Music by Georges Delerue - Edited by Sam O'Steen (Oscar Nominee) - Produced and Directed by Mike Nichols

View attachment 37262

Pay attention to how Cher uses her face -- eyes in particular -- as the most powerful tool in her performance. She made this film between COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN (1982) and MASK (1985), and rather quickly showed herself to be a much better actress than singer (IMHO). Her eyes are mesmerizing in these films, changing with remarkable subtlety while always seeming to make a crucial statement. Check out MASK, if you can find it, by which time she had honed this skill to perfection.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on 3-D/Blu-ray and DVD!
3-D Restoration by 3-D Film Archive!

Cease Fire! (1953) - Directed by Owen Crump
Most 3-D movies of the era used the format to accentuate and exaggerate artifice. CEASE FIRE is the rare production to employ the stereoscopic process to heighten reality, emphasizing the brutality of combat, the vastness of a cold, unfamiliar terrain and the isolation felt by a patrol of valiant fighting men. Part documentary, part drama, part cinéma vérité, the film remains a unique and remarkable achievement.

https://sites.google.com/site/3dfilmarchive/cease-fire

Cease_Fire.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming June 13th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master!

KILL, BABY…KILL! (1966) Starring Giacomo Rossi Stuart, Erika Blanc and Fabienne Dali - Directed by Mario Bava

• Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, author of Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark
• English-language soundtrack
• Italian-language soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles
• "Kill, Bava…Kill!" (a 2007 documentary by David Gregory, in which Lamberto Bava revisits the location where the film was shot, 25:02)
• Theatrical trailer (2:32)
• Three TV Spots (:60 :30 :10)
• German title sequence (3:30)

KBK.jpg

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr
Take THAT. overinflated eBay price gougers!

I've been hoping this one would get a release...with the commentary.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Forgive the stupid question, but is One Two Three still on the schedule? I noticed the Amazon preorder went away. I'll get it from another retailer if necessary and if it's delayed I can be a patient guy. Just very happy that it has been announced in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks