What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime, can you tell us what extra features, if any, will be included on The Spiral Staircase Blu-ray. Also, Is The Paradine Case a possibility?

We've scheduled a historian commentary for The Spiral Staircase release. Will also include the trailer and some other noir trailers.

We cannot confirm or deny anything at this time.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming April 25th on DVD and Blu-ray!

738329212278.jpg

billnoir

Auditioning
Real Name
William Hooley
MisterLime, does the possibility exist for Kino to release any of the British Hitchcock's that have not yet been released on Blu-ray?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Watching "23 Paces to Baker Street"..... great release. Wouldn't it be great if Kino released some more Hathaway......."Five Card Stud", "Nevada Smith", "The Sons of Katie Elder".

Sorry, but no chance of that at this time. Paramount still has not licensed anything they've previously released to any boutique label, except for Bertolucci's 1900.

billnoir

Auditioning
Real Name
William Hooley
MisterLime, is there any likelihood that Kino could release a better quality Blu-ray of Hatari?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MisterLime, is there any likelihood that Kino could release a better quality Blu-ray of Hatari?

I am not MisterLime, but I'd say no chance. It was released on Blu through Paramount itself. I totally share your desire for a better transfer of this incredibly entertaining film, as the Blu was inexplicably awful-looking, but I don't think Kino is going to be able to get it.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I am not MisterLime, but I'd say no chance. It was released on Blu through Paramount itself. I totally share your desire for a better transfer of this incredibly entertaining film, as the Blu was inexplicably awful-looking, but I don't think Kino is going to be able to get it.

I agree 100%. However, I can imagine an Olive Signature, or Olive "regular", release possibly happening - which would be slightly ironic, as Olive screwed up "McClintock" (see RAH's "A Few Words" review) only to see the title subsequently reissued months later by Paramt in a far better version.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I agree 100%. However, I can imagine an Olive Signature, or Olive "regular", release possibly happening - which would be slightly ironic, as Olive screwed up "McClintock" (see RAH's "A Few Words" review) only to see the title subsequently reissued months later by Paramt in a far better version.
Olive's release of McLintock! had nothing to do with Paramount. As the film is public domain, Olive released it on their own using a master created by Ignite Films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks