What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Promoted as being "In Cinerama"

p1986_p_v8_aa.jpg

105b668a89a3924ad61ef3439a261e2d.jpg

songofnorwayticketflyerb-movie-1141189505.jpg

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
  • Amerika, 14 1/2-hour mini-series, February 1987[17]
  • The Bounty Man, October 31, 1972, Spelling-Goldberg Productions
  • Can Ellen Be Saved?, Tuesday, February 5, 1974
  • A Cold Night's Death, January 30, 1974
  • The Day the Earth Moved, September 18, 1974
  • The Girl Most Likely to.., Tuesday, November 6, 1973
  • The Great Ice Rip-off, Wednesday, November 6, 1974, Dan Curtis Productions
  • Guess Who's Sleeping in My Bed?, Wednesday, October 31, 1973
  • Haunts of the Rich, September 20, 1972[ABCMOW 3]
  • Isn't It Shocking?, October 2, 1973[ABCMOW 4]
  • The Letters, Tuesday, March 6, 1973, Spelling-Goldberg Productions
  • The Night Strangler, Tuesday, January 16, 1973, Dan Curtis Productions
  • No Place to Run, September 18, 1972, Spelling-Goldberg Productions[ABCMOW 3]
  • Pray for the Wildcats, January 23, 1973[ABCMOW 4]
  • Pursuit, Movie of the Week (MOW), December 12, 1972[ABCMOW 2]
  • Outrage, Wednesday, November 28, 1973[ABCMOW 3]
You also have these tv movies , possibly apart of the deal. As well as Ring of Bright Water, Jenny, When Michael Calls,The Day After, The Rover and Cop-Out Plenty to choose from.

it would be great if Griffen and Phoenix with Peter Falk and Jill Clayburgh were part of this. A nice love story

And if any company has the power to do so-K-L would...we may see the correction of Krakatoa WEST of Java!

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Nominated for 8 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Director (Huston), Actor (Nicholson), Supporting Actor (Hickey) and Screenplay (Robert Condon and Janet Roach)
Winner: Best Supporting Actress Academy Award (Angelica Huston)

Prizzi's Honor (1985) Starring Jack Nicholson, Kathleen Turner, Angelica Huston, Robert Loggia, William Hickey, John Randolph and Lawrence Tierney - Based on a Novel by Robert Condon - Directed by John Huston

96b0257b9bff50f7c80673b4a19b84c5.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So, here is a list most of you have already looked at. Looks like there are some really interesting titles there.

A list of ABC Pictures titles

December 17, 1968 Candy Selmur Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation - rights are with the producers

February 13, 1972 Cabaret ABC Pictures Allied Artists Pictures Corporation - rights are with WB

June 16, 1972 The Strange Vengeance of Rosalie Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with bristol myers squibb
What Became of Jack and Jill?
Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with bristol myers squibb
August 23, 1972 To Kill a Clown Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with bristol myers squibb
September 27, 1972 The Darwin Adventure Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with bristol myers squibb
December 17, 1972 The Heartbreak Kid Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with bristol myers squibb
December 20, 1972 Sleuth Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with bristol myers squibb

August 9, 1973 Gordon's War Palomar Pictures 20th Century Fox - rights are with Fox

These former ABC titles are no longer with Disney. The Stepford Wives not listed here is also with bristol myers squibb

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
The list of available titles is much narrower than we would all like but I'm still excited about this deal. Maybe now we can get THE DAY AFTER and some of those other cinematic-quality TV movies.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That pertains to the Walt Disney label of titles only. Most of the ABC titles discussed here went out through Anchor Bay-never through Disney themselves or Buena Vista. Classic Walt Disney titles are not apart of this deal
And neither are touchstone or Hollywood pictures if they were released on DVD by the Disney company.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Would the DVD out there for Hell in the Pacific negate KL releasing a blu? I'm a little confused on the deal outside of the actual Disney and Touchstone titles

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Would the DVD out there for Hell in the Pacific negate KL releasing a blu? I'm a little confused on the deal outside of the actual Disney and Touchstone titles
No. If Disney owns it, and it is not a Walt Disney Pictures branded title, and there has never been a Disney released DVD of it, it's eligible for this deal.

Hell in the Pacific never had a DVD release from Disney before, so it's a possibility.

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
That was an Anchor Bay DVD release ported over to MGM, I think, so it shouldn't. Many of these titles were (typically non-anamorphic, and nondescript) Anchor Bay/MGM releases.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since I'm confused, too. I'll ask this. Would The Happiest Millionaire be eligible?

It had an Anchor Bay DVD release (which I own). But it may have also had a Disney DVD release later after the Anchor Bay agreement expired. I seem to remember that was the case but I didn't purchase it because IIRC it was the same transfer and yielded nothing new. But my memory's hazy on this.

This is a holy grail-type Blu release for me.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Mike, I just saw a Disney 4 movie dvd set at Costco that included The Happiest Millionaire released through Disney's home video division, so I don't believe this title would be included, unfortunately.

Since I'm confused, too. I'll ask this. Would The Happiest Millionaire be eligible?

It had an Anchor Bay DVD release (which I own). But it may have also had a Disney DVD release later after the Anchor Bay agreement expired. I seem to remember that was the case but I didn't purchase it because IIRC it was the same transfer and yielded nothing new. But my memory's hazy on this.

This is a holy grail-type Blu release for me.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
So that leaves us with:

December 20, 1967 Smashing Time Selmur Pictures Paramount Pictures
1968 Diamonds for Breakfast ABC Pictures Paramount Pictures
May 1, 1968 A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die Selmur Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
July 17, 1968 For Love of Ivy Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
September 23, 1968 Charly ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
October 7, 1968 Shalako Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
December 9, 1968 The Birthday Party Palomar Pictures Continental Distribution
December 11, 1968 The High Commissioner ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
December 12, 1968 The Killing of Sister George Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
December 18, 1968 Hell in the Pacific Selmur Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
May 14, 1969 Krakatoa, East of Java ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
May 15, 1969 Midas Run Selmur Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
August 18, 1969 Take the Money and Run ABC Pictures Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
August 20, 1969 What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice? ABC Pictures Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing
December 10, 1969 They Shoot Horses, Don't They? ABC Pictures Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing
May 20, 1970 Too Late the Hero ABC Pictures Palomar Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
August 12, 1970 Lovers and Other Strangers ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
October 1970 How Do I Love Thee? ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
November 4, 1970 Song of Norway ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
January 24, 1971 Zachariah ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
January 28, 1971 The Last Valley ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
February 26, 1971 The 300 Year Weekend ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
May 28, 1971 The Grissom Gang ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
July 14, 1971 The Touch ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
September 11, 1971 Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing
September 17, 1971 Kotch ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
December 22, 1971 Straw Dogs ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
August 2, 1972 Junior Bonner ABC Pictures Cinerama Releasing Corporation
July 16, 1982 Young Doctors in Love ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox
October 29, 1982 National Lampoon's Class Reunion ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox
December 14, 1983 Silkwood ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox
September 28, 1984 Impulse ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox
December 14, 1984 The Flamingo Kid ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox
June 14, 1985 Prizzi's Honor ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox
June 6, 1986 SpaceCamp ABC Motion Pictures 20th Century Fox

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I would like:

THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY?
TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO AUNT ALICE?
THE GRISSOM GANG
KRAKATOA, EAST OF JAVA
DR. COOK'S GARDEN (if available)
THE GIRL MOST LIKELY TO
SONG OF NORWAY (God help me)
CHARLY

Here are some wanted titles that are reportedly in the Bristol Meyers-Squib "film library:"

THE HEARTBREAK KID (1972)
THE SRANGE VENGEANCE OF ROSALIE
SLEUTH
THE STEPFORD WIVES
and some others

David Sal

Stunt Coordinator
Space Camp was released by mgm on dvd, so it may happen. Also interested in Krakatoa.
Hope Sleuth is released by someone soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks