What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon!
First Time
on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master!

In the year 2087, a cyborg is sent to 1966 to prevent a scientist from making a breakthrough, the opposition sends an agent to prevent the cyborg from carrying out his mission...

Cyborg 2087 (1966)
Starring
Michael Rennie, Karen Steele, Wendell Corey, Warren Stevens, Eduard Franz, Adam Roarke, John Beck and Harry Carey Jr.
Directed by Franklin Adreon (Dimension 5)
cyborg-poster.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon!
First Time
on DVD and Blu-ray!

8 Million Ways to Die (1986)
Starring
Jeff Bridges, Rosanna Arquette, Alexandra Paul, Randy Brooks and Andy Garcia
Shot by Stephen H. Burum (The Untouchables)
Screenplay by Oliver Stone (Scarface) and R. Lance Hill (Road House)
Based on a Novel by Lawrence Block (A Walk Among the Tombstones)
Directed by Hal Ashby (Coming Home)
eight_million_ways_to_die.jpg

tledford

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Very pleased to see this, a disturbing movie that is damaged but not ruined by a sappy ending that differs from that of the book.

Thank you!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Good Son (1993)
Starring Macaulay Culkin, Elijah Wood, Wendy Crewson, Daniel Hugh Kelly and David Morse
Screenplay by Ian McEwan (Atonement)
Cinematography by John Lindley (The Sum of All Fears)
Music by Elmer Bernstein (The Magnificent Seven)
Directed by Joseph Ruben (Sleeping with the Enemy, The Stepfather)

good_son.jpg

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Coming Soon!
First Time
on DVD and Blu-ray!

8 Million Ways to Die (1986)
Starring
Jeff Bridges, Rosanna Arquette, Alexandra Paul, Randy Brooks and Andy Garcia
Shot by Stephen H. Burum (The Untouchables)
Screenplay by Oliver Stone (Scarface) and R. Lance Hill (Road House)
Based on a Novel by Lawrence Block (A Walk Among the Tombstones)
Directed by Hal Ashby (Coming Home)
View attachment 34703

In the fine new book THE OLIVER STONE EXPERIENCE, Stone says the only thing he liked about the movie was Andy Garcia's performance. Otherwise he describes it as "embarrassing," and reveals that the reason the setting was changed from NYC to LA was that neither the producer nor the production designer had ever been to the city and wanted to stay within their SoCal comfort zone. (Ashby's comfort zone was his trailer, smoking dope for hours on end.) The movie, which Stone says could've been done for two or three million, ended up costing $18 million and bankrupted the production company when it grossed a bit over $1 million. I'm OK with it, but the location and script changes are a betrayal of the book. I would welcome a remake from Liam Neeson and his WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES collaborators, who got it.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Winner: Palme d'Or - Cannes Film Festival
Winner: Best Actor and Best Director - Cannes Film Festival
Nominated: Three Academy Awards

Barton Fink (1991)
Starring
John Turturro, John Goodman, Judy Davis, Michael Lerner, John Mahoney, Tony Shalhoub, Jon Polito and Steve Buscemi
Cinematography by Roger Deakins (No Country For Old Men)
Music by Carter Burwell (Fargo)
Written, Produced and Directed by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
barton-fink_fe92c1c7.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well in the US anyway - Released by Universal elsewhere (since 2012)
Can you tell me why you're posting these huge images of another company's old European releases in the KL Studio Classics thread? What's your point? I'm pretty sure everyone knows about these previous releases, all you have to do is to look Barton Fink up on Amazon and both of these illegal region free releases show up. We make one of our biggest announcements and a couple of hours later you decide to come to the KL thread and crap all over the announcement.

B-ROLL and all other fans who thinks it their duty to post images of previous international releases, please stop. If you really feel the need to do this, please take it to fan discussion boards and not in our thread or Facebook page.

Universal controls the rights to "Barton Fink" in some European territories, but do not control the US and Canadian rights, so there release should've been region locked, that why these regions were created, so no studio/label could flood the markets of territories they have no rights for.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Can you tell me why you're posting these huge images of another company's old European releases in the KL Studio Classics thread? What's your point? I'm pretty sure everyone knows about these previous releases, all you have to do is to look Barton Fink up on Amazon and both of these illegal region free releases show up. We make one of our biggest announcements and a couple of hours later you decide to come to the KL thread and crap all over the announcement.

B-ROLL and all other fans who thinks it their duty to post images of previous international releases, please stop. If you really feel the need to do this, please take it to fan discussion boards and not in our thread or Facebook page.

Universal controls the rights to "Barton Fink" in some European territories, but do not control the US and Canadian rights, so there release should've been region locked, that why these regions were created, so no studio/label could flood the markets of territories they have no rights for.
I have deleted the offending images as I was not aware they were not legal :(... I will also we looking forward to the KL release ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks