What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

No Highway in the Sky (1951)
Starring
James Stewart, Marlene Dietrich, Glynis Johns, Jack Hawkins, Janette Scott, Elizabeth Allan and Wilfred Hyde-White
Shot by Georges Périnal (Things to Come, Fallen Idol)
Directed by Henry Koster (The Robe, Harvey)

View attachment 34527

An excellent film. Of course I bought this film at the VUDU streaming site last year because I thought it would never come out on Blu-ray! Oh well, I'll buy the disc too because I prefer physical media.

Keep them coming Kino! My wallet has moths in it, but I'm happy to have these films on Blu!

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
From A Few Words About " The Gang's All Here", a Fox Technicolor picture.
"I'm never quite certain how to relate to the Fox three-strip Technicolor films, as they no longer provide anything close to the original look of Technicolor. And that concept needs to be taken a step further, dependent upon what efforts have been used to try to help what elements that do survive."

All I meant was that if "Prince of Foxes" had been filmed in 3 strip Technicolor it might have the same problems as the other Fox Technicolor films from the 1940's.

I've read that the 'problems' with Fox Technicolor films of this era was simply a lack of good elements since they were thrown away in the 70's! One that comes to mind is Leave Her To Heaven which needed tremendous efforts to get it as good as it is on Bluray. Imagine if they had the original elements.

Leon Shamroy's work on Prince of Foxes is magnificent. I can't believe that this film wasn't planned to be in color and either someone made a huge error or the studio cheaped out...

Last edited:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Mr. Lime already told they asked for Call Northside 777 and didn't get it. I think the remaining title is Broken Arrow - hoping for a brand new transfer (it could also be The Jackpot, but this is a lesser title).

Bummer . Well i'll keep my fingers crossed for Broken Arrow .

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mr. Lime already told they asked for Call Northside 777 and didn't get it. I think the remaining title is Broken Arrow - hoping for a brand new transfer (it could also be The Jackpot, but this is a lesser title).

You are right, I had forgotten about that. Bummer indeed.
But a blu-ray of Broken Arrow would be a welcome purchase, indeed!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The new street date for THE LODGER is December 13th!
10.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

What a Way to Go! (1964)
Starring
Shirley MacLaine, Paul Newman, Robert Mitchum, Dean Martin, Gene Kelly, Robert Cummings and Dick Van Dyke
Shot by 4-Time Oscar Winner, Leon Shamroy (Cleopatra, David and Bathsheba)
Directed by J. Lee Thompson (The Guns of Navarone, Taras Bulba)
WAWTG1.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Why crawl crawl crawl to Crowley's when you can hop hop hop to Hopper's? Can't wait for a blu-ray of What a Way to Go, an all time favorite and a true 60's screwball comedy gem. And, what a cast indeed!

I saw this film when it first came out and I've never seen it since. I've forgotten pretty much everything about the film! It's got Robert Mitchum which is normally recommendation enough for me, plus Dean Martin and Gene Kelly. I'm amazed it didn't make a stronger impression on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks