What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Bonus Features to be Announced Soon!

The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959)
Starring
Anton Diffring, Hazel Court and Christopher Lee
Screenplay by Jimmy Sangster (Horror of Dracula)
Directed by Terence Fisher
cheat-death-half-sheet.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Great news on KL using SDH going forward! Thank you. Like Skylark I watch mostly in later evening hours plus there are times when SDH are just needed by me. I look forward to purchasing KL titles next year.

One question: will future pressings of the already released Fox titles be amended to include SDH?

Sorry, but no - to do that, we would have to author the film again, pay for all the Blu-ray fees again and create new replication test molds.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
@MisterLime

I'm aware that you can't directly reveal the titles Kino has licensed from Fox, so I'll put the question to you this way.

Should I buy the Brazilian Blu-Ray of Suez (1938), or should I wait?

You should buy it. But don't blame me if another label ends up releasing, I'm not saying its with another label (I don't know), but I can tell you its not with us and won't be a future acquisition.

Vintage Horror

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn McCracken
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Bonus Features to be Announced Soon!

The Man Who Could Cheat Death (1959)
Starring
Anton Diffring, Hazel Court and Christopher Lee
Screenplay by Jimmy Sangster (Horror of Dracula)
Directed by Terence Fisher
View attachment 33823

Could you comment on what might be different than the current Legend blu ray release? Will it be a better transfer? Thanks!

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Could you comment on what might be different than the current Legend blu ray release? Will it be a better transfer? Thanks!

I have the Eureka blu-ray which has a slightly better transfer than the Legend edition. This has always been a favourite horror of mine. Depending on the transfer/extras I may have to triple-dip!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is this comment from the same man that wanted the uncut One Million Years B.C.?
Yep because it has EXTRA DINOSAUR footage of a Pterandon fighting a Pterodactyl, and has nothing to do with boobs, which shows how much you know about One Million Years BC.

You are probably thinking *When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth* which will never get an uncut version on bluray in the USA because the DVD was pulled due to the international cut being released domestically - which had ample nudity.

Basically Rodney if you're going to troll me about movies, you should at least know something about them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks