What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
In addition to these two films, I also forgot to ask about The Pleasure Of His Company (also starring Fred Astaire). Is there any hope for any of these three films (or any musicals from the 50s)? Also, if you can't tell me about these, can you tell me whether you have announced everything in your deal with Fox, or are there more on the horizon?

We have NOT announced everything from Fox yet. More announcements to come. Also none of these titles you mentioned are with us.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Can we expect some Hal Wallis productions from this Paramount deal? I recall the they hold the rights to some of his productions from the 1940's.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
So let's see. Warner Bros's deal is to release Paramount films that had previously been released by Paramount. Olive's deal is to release new to media films but primarily Republic films. Paramount itself releases only contemporary films, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, The Godfather films, White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, and CBS film and TV shows. Kino deal is still vague but seems to include both Paramount and Republic films. Since you can't release title names yet, Mr. Lime, how about stating how many films are included in your Paramount deal.

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So let's see. Warner Bros's deal is to release Paramount films that had previously been released by Paramount. Olive's deal is to release new to media films but primarily Republic films. Paramount itself releases only contemporary films, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, The Godfather films, White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, and CBS film and TV shows. Kino deal is still vague but seems to include both Paramount and Republic films. Since you can't release title names yet, Mr. Lime, how about stating how many films are included in your Paramount deal.

Incorrect. They've released over 100 Paramount titles and over 150 Republic - most of the Paramount titles were acquired before the WB deal and a dozen or so after, mostly ex-Legend releases.

Sorry, but we will be announcing these when we're ready to announce them and will not share the number of titles - We don't want a countdown like we had with our MGM announcements.

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
OK a few from this list? ORDINARY PEOPLE---RAGTIME---CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD--DAY OF THE LOCUST---PLAY IT AGAIN SAM.---ANGELA'S ASHES--YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
MisterLime,

I am just becoming aware of this Paramount deal.

Just so I am understanding this....

Have you made a deal with Paramount to release their films on Blu-ray?

I am not asking for an amount that will be released. However, most of the concerns of the HTF membership have been over unreleased popular Paramount 70s titles.

Did you strike a deal for many of those titles to see the light of day on Blu-ray?

Thank You

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime,

I am just becoming aware of this Paramount deal.

Just so I am understanding this....

Have you made a deal with Paramount to release their films on Blu-ray?

I am not asking for an amount that will be released. However, most of the concerns of the HTF membership have been over unreleased popular Paramount 70s titles.

Did you strike a deal for many of those titles to see the light of day on Blu-ray?

Thank You

We have DVD and Blu-ray rights for all the titles we've acquired from them, but most of these titles are previously unreleased titles or titles previously released on DVD by Lionsgate/Artisan and Legend. None of the films in our deal were previously released on DVD by Paramount.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We have DVD and Blu-ray rights for all the titles we've acquired from them, but most of these titles are previously unreleased titles or titles previously released on DVD by Lionsgate/Artisan and Legend. None of the films in our deal were previously released on DVD by Paramount.

Okay, so if I am reading this correctly -- particularly the last sentence.....

You don't have rights to the most wanted Paramount catalog titles. All those titles were previously released on DVD by Paramount.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon! First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Don't Give Up the Ship (1959)
Starring Jerry Lewis, Dina Merrill, Diana Spencer, Mickey Shaughnessy, Robert Middleton, Gale Gordon, Mabel Albertson and Claude Akins
Directed by Norman Taurog
dont-give-up-the-ship_61488dde.jpg

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon

You don't have rights to the most wanted Paramount catalog titles. All those titles were previously released on DVD by Paramoun

You don't have rights to the most wanted Paramount catalog titles. All those titles were previously released on DVD by Paramount.

Soooo, no 1953 War of the Worlds then............

Soooooo, no 1953 War of the W
orlds then

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now I am wondering who is going to release all those great 70s films we have been asking for: Foul Play, Up In Smoke, Ordinary People, Heaven Can Wait, Ragtime, Play it again Sam, Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Children of a Lesser God, Day of the Locust, etc.

Sigh.

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
PLAY IT AGAIN SAM looks very good in HD on Comcast for purchase. ORDINARY PEOPLE looks better than dvd on Comcast. RAGTIME on Comcast is full screen so forget that one. DAY OF THE LOCUST is being offered for purchase also in HD which I have not seen yet. YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES and ANGELAS ASHES both look great in HD on demand on Comcast. Maybe most of Paramounts rights for HD releases went to Comcast and the like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks