What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Lodger (1944)
Starring Merle Oberon, George Sanders, Laird Cregar, Sir Cedric Hardwicke and Sara Allgood - Directed by John Brahm
Lodger.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Lodger (1944)
Starring Merle Oberon, George Sanders, Laird Cregar, Sir Cedric Hardwicke and Sara Allgood - Directed by John Brahm
View attachment 32256
Great to see the Fox deep catalog stuff coming out. I actually prefer this 1944 version to Hitchcock's silent version (available from the UK), although that, too, is excellent. I think the difference is in the incredibly creepy and convincing performance by Cregar, which is much more intense than Ivor Novello's in the 1927 film.

Last edited:

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr

All we need is HANGOVER SQUARE and that completes the blu reissue of the first FOX HORROR CLASSICS box set...

thetao

Grip
Real Name
Todd
While I'm happy to see Kino dipping into Fox's horror archives, might there be any plans to release titles that never made it to DVD, perhaps The Spider, Just Imagine, or Berkeley Square? DVD would actually be fine here, as I'd just like to see the films in circulation. (I'll omit Trick for Trick.)

Two other possibilities: Liliom (perhaps 1930 + 1934) and Nightmare Alley (with the R2 Masters of Cinema extras).

I haven't been following this thread faithfully, so hopefully am not retreading old ground.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming in 2017 on Blu-ray! Brand New HD Master!

Hangover Square (1945)
Starring Laird Cregar, Linda Darnell, George Sanders and Alan Napier
Directed by John Brahm

We originally planned to release all three John Brahm classics December 2016 - Now THE LODGER and THE UNDYING MONSTER will be released December 6th - HANGOVER SQUARE will be receive a brand new HD transfer and will be released in 2017.
original-596289-969.jpg

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Mister Lime, with all three John Brahm classics from the first volume of the Fox Horror Classics set now being set for release, is there any chance for Dragonwyck and Dr. Renault's Secret coming out from Kino to complete the second volume?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mister Lime, with all three John Brahm classics from the first volume of the Fox Horror Classics set now being set for release, is there any chance for Dragonwyck and Dr. Renault's Secret coming out from Kino to complete the second volume?

Dragonwyck is with another label - We don't have Dr. Renault's Secret

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Hi Mr. Lime, this may be slightly out of place among the current talk+ announcemnts of 'macabre' titles, but I'm curious to know if BUSTER (1988) is with Kino? It's been released to DVD (by MGM), but only in a non-anamorphic transfer. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
While I'm happy to see Kino dipping into Fox's horror archives, might there be any plans to release titles that never made it to DVD, perhaps The Spider, Just Imagine, or Berkeley Square? DVD would actually be fine here, as I'd just like to see the films in circulation. (I'll omit Trick for Trick.)

Completely agree. Very appreciative of all that Kino's done but pining for never-before-on-homevid titles. "Trick for Trick" would be a coup but Kino and/or Fox would have to do a deal with print-holder Museum of Modern Art, and I don't see an appetite from studios for exerting themselves like that on catalog titles. As Trump likes to say at the end of his tweets: "Sad!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks