What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Thinking about this from the other side of The Pond I do find it surprising that the John Wayne estate and the American people cannot find the money and the will to sort this out. The Alamo is such an important event in US history.
One of the more surprising facts to emerge from Scott Eyman's recent bio was that Wayne was lousy with money, sinking it into frustrating ventures like THE ALAMO. I'm sure the estate keeps a tighter grip on outflow.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Folks: Let's stay on topic, please...which is Kino announcements.

There's plenty of other--appropriate--places to discuss The Alamo and other films.

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Totally spot on. MGM stubbornly hold the rights, and they won't do the work themselves, or allow someone else to do it. It appears they are totally satisfied to let the elements rot away.
Shades of Wade Williams...

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
image.jpeg
I just saw a gorgeously restored DCP of Fox's The Adventures of Hajji Baba (1954) in 2.55:1 CinemaScope. It's unintentionally, hilariously awful, but it would make a great Blu-ray to watch with friends. Any chance Kino could license it from Fox?

I was most surprised by how they seamlessly matched the color in the duped dissolves, and when they were over there was a quick dissolve to sharp images, like the focus had just been adjusted.

Last edited:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
RAH wrote a glowing review of the Deadline USA disc; congrats on a stellar release PQ wise!

Does the BD have SDH included? Am hopeful that the good folks at Fox provided the track.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I've never heard of The Park is Mine but now I say The blu-ray is mine!

The Park is Mine was shot in High Park in Toronto, which was practically my back yard. I remember hanging around the set and talking to some of the cast and crew. I think it was one of the earlier films made for HBO.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
View attachment 31960 I just saw a gorgeously restored DCP of Fox's The Adventures of Hajji Baba (1954) in 2.55:1 CinemaScope. It's unintentionally, hilariously awful, but it would make a great Blu-ray to watch with friends. Any chance Kino could license it from Fox?

I was most surprised by how they seamlessly matched the color in the duped dissolves, and when they were over there was a quick dissolve to sharp images, like the focus had just been adjusted.

I've always liked Elaine Stewart, yet another in that long line of good-looking actresses Hollywood did not take seriously, and I'd welcome a chance to see her in High Definition. I'd like even more to have The Bad And The Beautiful and Night Passage on Blu-ray disc.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
The Park is Mine was shot in High Park in Toronto, which was practically my back yard. I remember hanging around the set and talking to some of the cast and crew. I think it was one of the earlier films made for HBO.

I used to have the Key Video VHS of The Park Is Mine. At the time I wondered about the name of the writer of the film, Lyle Gorch--that's the name of a character in The Wild Bunch.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

This was a Fox theatrical release oversees, but Fox decided to license it to HBO as part of their HBO "premiere movie of the month" program in the 80s - It was not produced or made by HBO. The rights to those HBO TV-movies like Blackout, Sakharov, Act of Vengeance, Terry Fox Story, etc are all with HBO.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I used to have the Key Video VHS of The Park Is Mine. At the time I wondered about the name of the writer of the film, Lyle Gorch--that's the name of a character in The Wild Bunch.

Most likely a pseudonym by someone famous, The Park is Mine is the only IMDB credit for Lyle.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Love all these Lang titles. But attention paid to your earlier Murnau and Griffith releases would be nice, too...THE LAST LAUGH and BROKEN BLOSSOMS, for instance. Please spread the wealth a bit! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks