What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
A 2K restoration!

Boomerang! (1947)
Starring Dana Andrews, Jane Wyatt, Lee J. Cobb, Cara Williams, Arthur Kennedy, Robert Keith, Ed Begley and Karl Malden
Directed by Elia Kazan

Special Features:
• New Audio Commentary by Film Historian Sara Smith
• Audio Commentary By Film Historians Alain Silver and James Ursini
• Trailers
BoomerangPoster.jpg

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Is Boomerang the same transfer as on the Elia Kazan at Fox Blu-ray set? I see it has a new audio commentary - which is nice.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The House on 92nd Street (1945)
Starring William Eythe, Lloyd Nolan, Signe Hasso, Gene Lockhart, Leo G. Carroll, Lydia St. Clair and Harry Bellaver
Directed by Henry Hathaway
View attachment 31721

Very good news and just in time too! I've been re-reading a old book called The Thriller which refers to The House On 92nd Street and I realised I don't have the DVD. I was about to buy it and now comes this announcement. I'll pre-order this Blu-ray disc at the first opportunity.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Very good news and just in time too! I've been re-reading a old book called The Thriller which refers to The House On 92nd Street and I realised I don't have the DVD. I was about to buy it and now comes this announcement. I'll pre-order this Blu-ray disc at the first opportunity.

A great co-feature would be Gordon Douglas' Walk a Crooked Mile (1948) starring Louis Hayward and noir greats Dennis O'Keefe and Raymond Burr - similar theme and style - Scotland Yard detective (Hayward) helps FBI agent (O'Keefe) bring down a communist spy ring which includes the debonair and villainous Krebs (Burr).

The film is available on DVD in one of those Sony noir sets, the set also includes another great Gordon Douglas noir, Between Midnight and Dawn (1950) starring Mark Stevens, Edmond O'Brien and Gale Storm - way ahead of its time, probably the film that created the buddy cop genre - extremely violent for its time with some great car chases and an ending you won't see coming.

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
updated on the first page:

Coming Soon:
8/2 Mark of Zorro (BD) | Rawhide (BD) 8/9 Cariboo Trail | Canadian Pacific 8/17 Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? | Eleni 8/23 3 Bad Men (BD) | Chandu the Magician (BD) | Modesty Blaise (BD) | American Dreamer (BD) 9/6 My Bodyguard (BD) | Grandview, U.S.A. (BD) | Daddy Long Legs (BD) 9/13 Cry of the City (BD) | Road House (BD) | Gunsmoke: One Man's Justice (DVD) | The Rift (aka Endless Descent) 9/20 Fixed Bayonets (BD) | Enemy Below (BD) | Table For Five (BD) | Beware! The Blob 9/27 Haunted Honeymoon | Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother (BD) | Cabo Blanco 10/4 Earth Dies Screaming (BD) | Chosen Survivors (BD) 10/11 Astro-Zombies | Witchcraft (BD) | Man on Fire (1987) 10/18 Fuzz | Laughing Policeman (BD) | Trouble Man (BD) | Teen Witch (BD) 10/25 The Pit | Wolf Lake | Fathom (BD) | Boy on a Dolphin 11/1 Beautiful Blonde From Bashful Bend (BD) | I Wake Up Screaming (BD) | Battle of the Sexes 11/8 I, the Jury (BD) | Western Union (BD) | Bad Girl (BD) | Neptune Factor (BD) 11/15 Daisy Kenyon (BD) | Boomerang (BD) | House on 92nd Street (BD) 11/22 Something For Everyone | One Million Years B.C. (1966) (BD) | 100 Rifles (BD) 11/29 Finders Keepers | Biggles: Adventures in Time | Making Contact

Announced - No Set Dates:
Stryker | Certain Fury | A*P*E (3-D) | Legend of Hillbilly John | Star Slammer [aka Prison Ship] | They're Playing with Fire | Star Crystal | Freeway (1988)

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads