Not open for further replies.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Reaction score
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Western Union (1941)
Starring Randolph Scott, Robert Young, Dean Jagger, Virginia Gilmore, John Carradine, Slim Summerville, Chill Wills & Barton MacLane
Directed by Fritz Lang
View attachment 31546
Maybe it's my generation, maybe it's just the way my mind works, but with every announcement of a Randolph Scott movie, this scene comes to mind.

Mike Frezon

Reaction score

Reactions: Stephen_J_H

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Jim Harwood
Mr. Lime, with all of the Signal One Blu-ray announcements lately of Fox titles being released in England, would it be possible for you to let everyone know if these titles are being planned for release by Kino? I'd rather wait and get the domestic Kino releases. Thanks!

Reactions: Robin9

MisterLime

Insider
Insider
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott
Mr. Lime, with all of the Signal One Blu-ray announcements lately of Fox titles being released in England, would it be possible for you to let everyone know if these titles are being planned for release by Kino? I'd rather wait and get the domestic Kino releases. Thanks!
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what a label in the UK is releasing. My guess, if not us, someone else will most likely released those films.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
What about Henry Hathaway's Kiss of Death that Signal One just announced? It can join other Victor Mature noirs being released by Kino - Cry of the City and I Wake Up Screaming...

MisterLime

Insider
Insider
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott
What about Henry Hathaway's Kiss of Death that Signal One just announced? It can join other Victor Mature noirs being released by Kino - Cry of the City and I Wake Up Screaming...
We asked for KISS OF DEATH and didn't get it. Will either be released by Fox or another label since it wasn't available to us. You guys seriously think we would not be interested in releasing KISS OF DEATH?

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Jim Harwood
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what a label in the UK is releasing. My guess, if not us, someone else will most likely released those films.
Well today there's a bunch of Signal One Fox releases listed here in the Blu-ray forum. I was basically asking if it would be possible for you to monitor that and then let us know if Kino will be releasing the titles domestically. I'd rather buy domestic discs and it would also benefit Kino in the long run as there are probably other collectors who would hold off buying from Europe if you're going to release the title at some point.

Reactions: Flashgear

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Jim Harwood
Mr. Lime, in follow-up, some just announced Signal One titles are CULPEPPER CATTLE COMPANY, SHERLOCK HOLMES IN NEW YORK, BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL and EYEWITNESS.

Does Kino have any plans to release those? Thanks!

Reactions: Bernard McNair

atfree

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Alex
Duplicate

marcco00

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
marc
Mr. Lime--
when you ask for a certain title and are turned down, do you have any idea why?
has another studio beat you to that title?
one would think they would grant you any title you ask for.
just curious

MisterLime

Insider
Insider
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott
Mr. Lime--
when you ask for a certain title and are turned down, do you have any idea why?
has another studio beat you to that title?
one would think they would grant you any title you ask for.
just curious
Three reasons why we would be turned down, the label has plans to release it themselves, they've already licensed it to another label or some legal issue is holding up the deal (music clearance, renewal, etc). Sometimes we know the reason, sometimes we don't. It's not always a fair game, studios do play favorites and unfortunately its about who you know and for how long.

Other times, a rights holder/agent offers the film to a bunch of different companies and takes the best offer - new films are usually acquired by the highest bidder.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
bob kaplan
Mr.Lime,
An old favorite of mine is KRONOS staring Jeff Morrow with its "super-great" special effects. Any chance that this title might be released in the next year of so? Thank you.

Reactions: Keith Cobby

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick
Mr.Lime,
An old favorite of mine is KRONOS staring Jeff Morrow with its "super-great" special effects. Any chance that this title might be released in the next year of so? Thank you.
Doesn't this one have something to do with the infamous Wade Williams? If so, forget a Blu-ray.

Reactions: revgen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanchibrneha