What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Randy Korstick said:
Bummer on Curse of the Crimson Cult. One of the very few British Horror films from the 60's and 70's that I haven't seen since I started collecting them in the mid 80's due to its rarity. I Hope it is still coming. This film continues to elude me.

Available for streaming on Netflix under the British title: Curse of the Crimson Altar

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Randy Korstick said:
Bummer on Curse of the Crimson Cult. One of the very few British Horror films from the 60's and 70's that I haven't seen since I started collecting them in the mid 80's due to its rarity. I Hope it is still coming. This film continues to elude me.
It's postponed. There will be an official announcement very soon.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KINO LORBER

KINO LORBER STUDIO CLASSICS recently postponed the release of Vernon Sewell's THE CRIMSON CULT (CURSE OF THE CRIMSON ALTAR). We have a beautiful HD master of the uncensored version of the film, compiled all the bonus content from the recent UK Blu-ray release, and will be adding one or two new extras of our own. Unfortunately, we've been unsuccessful at clearing the rights to Peter Knight's original score. Therefore, if and when we reschedule the release, it will be accompanied by Kendall Schmidt's 1980s-era score. While we recognize this subtly changes the tone of Vernon Sewell's film, we hope that it will not diminish your interest in owning a copy. We have two choices, release the blu-ray with the Schmidt score or cancel the release.

Attachments

• tcc.jpg
    tcc.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 67

clambake

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jamie
That's great news about Hero And The Terror, I love that one too. I actually just saw it again on tv last week. Chuck has to track down an escaped serial killer who hides out in theaters. Has a good supporting cast, Steve James, Brynn Thayer, Ron O'Neal, and Billy Drago.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I'll still purchase The Crimson Cult for the stars (Karloff/Lee/Steele/Gough), and I'm really excited about the AIP classics Tales of Terror, The Premature Burial, and the American cut of Black Sabbath.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Maybe Kino Lorber can release the Burt Reynolds movies "Semi-Tough" and "The End" on blu-ray because the DVD´s are not even anamorphic?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY KINO LORBER

Thank you for all your comments and support. We will be releasing THE CRIMSON CULT very soon. We are working on one or two new extras and as we mentioned above, we've already acquired the Audio Commentary by David Del Valle and Barbara Steele, the 25 minute featurette "Creating the Curse of the Crimson Altar", the 47 minute interview "In Conversation with Christopher Lee" and the theatrical trailers.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
24fpsNinja said:
Day of The Triffids (1962) would be much desired. There hasn't even been a proper DVD release of it.

Unfortunately the owner wants to much for it - I asked Twilight Time about it late last year.. I thought it would make a good limited release

The owner who restored it is Michael Hyatt and he wants the money back that he spent restoring it. Another major investment. Its very high on my wishlist and at this point Id take it from any studio who would license it, but it would be a high priced title to get

JeffT.

Deceased Member
JourneytotheSeventhPlanet.jpg

Well if we're going to throw posters around than beat this!

This is yet another request (more so than an inquiry per se). How about a bluray release of the American-International Pictures 1960s Danish-produced SF thriller JOURNEY TO THE 7th PLANET (1962) fully restored and digitally remasterd in anamorphic widescreen (enhanced for 16x9 tvs) with the original theatrical trailer as a bonus extra?

Take note that there is a problem with the current home video version of JOURNEY TO THE 7th SEVENTH PLANET (1962) where hastily improvised footage of a cheap paper maché sculpture representing the extraterrestrial brain intelligence has replaced the original shot (actually taken from THE ANGRY RED PLANET [1960] featuring a close-up of the gigantic amoeba absorbing Mars One crewman Sam Jacobs) and the new scene looks lousy as all get out. Please, please correct this gaffe and restore it the way it was!

Whenever possible could Kino (always) attempt to provide special background production material like audio commentaries, oncamera interviews, deleted footage and the like.

A good example would be to recruit actor John Saxon for a (prospective) QUEEN OF BLOOD (1966) bluray release to cite one example.

Mr. Saxon has a high regard for his involvement in this particular film and he could share his (invaluable) recollections of director Curtis Harrington and fellow cast members Basil Rathbone, Dennis Hopper and Florence Marley.

p3150084_resize.jpg

Thank you!

Jeff T.

:D

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
COMING IN JUNE FROM Kino Lorber Studio Classics - TWO AWARD WINNING CLASSICS BY STANLEY KRAMER - TO BE RELEASED SEPARATELY, ONLY ON DVD!

JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG (1961) STARRING SPENCER TRACY, BURT LANCASTER, RICHARD WIDMARK, MARLENE DIETRICH, MAXIMILIAN SCHELL, JUDY GARLAND, MONTGOMERY CLIFT & WILLIAM SHATNER - WINNER OF 2 OSCARS INCLUDING BEST ACTOR (SCHELL) - NOMINATED FOR 11 ACADEMY AWARDS INCLUDING BEST PICTURE, DIRECTOR (KRAMER), ACTOR (TRACY), SUPPORTING ACTOR (CLIFT) & SUPPORTING ACTRESS (GARLAND).

INHERIT THE WIND (1960) STARRING SPENCER TRACY, FREDRIC MARCH, GENE KELLY, DICK YORK, DONNA ANDERSON, HARRY MORGAN, CLAUDE AKINS, NOAH BEERY JR. & NORMAN FELL - NOMINATED FOR 4 ACADEMY AWARDS INCLUDING BEST ACTOR (TRACY) & SCREENPLAY.

Attachments

• kramer.jpg
    kramer.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 50

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Patrick McCart said:
Does Kino still have the license for The Man Who Laughs from Universal and would it cover a Blu-Ray release?
No, we no longer have the rights to THE MAN WHO LAUGHS.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
David Weicker said:
Does Kino still have the rights to Love Me Tonight?

Any chance of seeing this on Blu?
I'd love to see this one on blu, especially if they could find a foreign print containing the footage censored in the U.S. in post-code reissues.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
David Weicker said:
Does Kino still have the rights to Love Me Tonight?

Any chance of seeing this on Blu?
No, we've lost the rights to LOVE ME TONIGHT, APPLAUSE, THE GOOD FAIRY, COUNSELLOR AT LAW, THE MAN WHO LAUGHS and THE LOVE TRAP.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
MisterLime said:
No, we've lost the rights to LOVE ME TONIGHT, APPLAUSE, THE GOOD FAIRY, COUNSELLOR AT LAW, THE MAN WHO LAUGHS and THE LOVE TRAP.
Not good news, but thank you for responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks