What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Phil
MisterLime said:
Its a very good standard def transfer - still needs to be transferred to HD from scratch.
Kino has done a tremendous job releasing many of the best films that everyone wants, but doesn't Kino do the HD masters or is it MGM that supplies them? If it's MGM, there are still a few hundred great titles that they have never remastered for HD and in some cases SD, and I fear it could be a long time before they ever do. Hopefully that's not the case.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
MisterLime said:
Coming March 8th!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray
!

Alistair MacLean's WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLL
(1971) Starring Anthony Hopkins, Jack Hawkins, Nathalie Delon, Robert Morley, Corin Redgrave, Derek Bond, Maurice Roëves and Ferdy Mayne - Directed by Etienne Périer - Screenplay by Alistair MacLean - based on his novel.
Holy shit! Never thought I'd see this on BD. Day one!

Carcosa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Barr
MisterLime said:
Coming March 8th!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Alistair MacLean's WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLL (1971) Starring Anthony Hopkins, Jack Hawkins, Nathalie Delon, Robert Morley, Corin Redgrave, Derek Bond, Maurice Roëves and Ferdy Mayne - Directed by Etienne Périer - Screenplay by Alistair MacLean - based on his novel.
I'm pretty much speechless as to what Kino is getting out...amazing!!!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
closedcircuit said:
Kino has done a tremendous job releasing many of the best films that everyone wants, but doesn't Kino do the HD masters or is it MGM that supplies them? If it's MGM, there are still a few hundred great titles that they have never remastered for HD and in some cases SD, and I fear it could be a long time before they ever do. Hopefully that's not the case.
We've acquired around 260 titles from MGM - 200 of them had existing HD masters and the others we remastered (or will remaster) and some of those were film making their digital debuts like The Devil's Disciple, A Child is Waiting, Highway to Hell, He Ran All the Way, etc and many others were in very bad need of new masters, films like Burnt Offerings, The Satan Bug, Panic in Year Zero, etc.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The War Between Men and Women cover art - Coming March 22nd on Blu-ray!

Attachments

• war_between_flat.jpg
    war_between_flat.jpg
    881.8 KB · Views: 49

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming March 1st on DVD and Blu-ray!

COP (1988) Starring James Woods, Lesley Ann Warren, Charles Durning, Charles Haid and Raymond J. Barry - Based on the novel "Blood on the Moon" by James Ellroy - Written and Directed by James B. Harris.

Special Features:
• Audio Commentary by Director James B. Harris
• Trailer Gallery

Attachments

• 738329200534.jpg
    738329200534.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 60

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The release of 4-D MAN (aka MASTER OF TERROR) is cancelled, due to unforeseen legal clearances.

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
MisterLime said:
Coming Soon on Blu-ray and DVD!

Brand New 2016 HD Master!

Invisible Invaders (1959) Starring John Agar, Jean Byron, Robert Hutton and John Carradine - Directed by Edward L. Cahn
Yeessss, now this one is really cool, hope it does not suffer the same fate as 4D Man, damn, I was really looking forward to that one. Hoping that the 4D Man blu-ray makes a comeback. I truly love these 50's horror and sci-fi movies ! Mr. Lime, you keep bringing 'em, I'll keep buying 'em ! ! !

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
For Mister Lime, just doing another check on William Malone's CREATURE (1985, aka TITAN FIND). Has Kino or anyone grabbed that one yet, or is it still in a "holding pattern," which is what I'm now calling it's almost unnatural absence on blu.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
SWFF said:
For Mister Lime, just doing another check on William Malone's CREATURE (1985, aka TITAN FIND). Has Kino or anyone grabbed that one yet, or is it still in a "holding pattern," which is what I'm now calling it's almost unnatural absence on blu.
I don't think this film has been acquired by anyone.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Mr. Lime...a question regarding the 1948 Eagle-Lion CANON CITY film ... Just watched this terrific prison break film on Amazon Prime and the print used looked fantastic. A great cast (Scott Brady, Jeff Corey, Whit Bissell, John Doucette, Henry Brandon, Ralph Byrd, DeForest Kelley and Henry Brandon) with cinematography by John Alton and wonderful location work. I'd love to see this considered for a future Blu-ray release.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming April 12th!

Only on Blu-ray!

Miracle Beach (1992) Starring Dean Cameron, Ami Dolenz, Alexis Arquette, Pat Morita, Allen Garfield, Vincent Schiavelli and Martin Mull - Directed by Skott Snider.

Attachments

• Miracle_Beach_FilmPoster.jpeg
    Miracle_Beach_FilmPoster.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 55

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
RBailey said:
Mr. Lime...a question regarding the 1948 Eagle-Lion CANON CITY film ... Just watched this terrific prison break film on Amazon Prime and the print used looked fantastic. A great cast (Scott Brady, Jeff Corey, Whit Bissell, John Doucette, Henry Brandon, Ralph Byrd, DeForest Kelley and Henry Brandon) with cinematography by John Alton and wonderful location work. I'd love to see this considered for a future Blu-ray release.
Not part of our current deal. Sounds cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks