*** Official KILL BILL VOLUME 1 Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mark Kalzer, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

Wow...I've never started an official review thread before!

Before attending this screening, I was forced to endure the 1970's Japanese film Female Convict Scorpion which was quite the most horrendous movie I've ever seen. It just showed people of the most despicable nature. Murderous escaped female convicts, aggressive abusive prison guards, even a random bus is full of perverted men pulling at the dress of a lady. It's just full of unrelenting violence, gore, rape, none of it was clever or ingenious. It was certainly not entertaining.

That's why I was a cautious entering Kill Bill Volume 1, knowing that it was partially inspired by what I had just saw. Fortunantly, I was quite entertained by this film. Even though I was horrified by the aforementioned movie, Tarantino's one didn't turn me off quite as much. Don't get me wrong, Kill Bill is violent. In fact it's quite the most violent, bloody gorrific movie you may ever see! Unlike Female Convict Scorpion though, this movie was actually entertaining at the same time, which is where I think Scorpion failed.

Kill Bill has some of the most spectacular fight scenes ever filmed actually! It easily tops The Matrix. The film gets us going with a fight scene consisting of Uma Thurman's character, (Who's name is strangely hid from us.) and an acquantance of hers, right in her opponent's own home. We can only figure that they were once part of some group that kills people professionally, led by some guy named Bill. The fight is great in so many ways, but it is not the highlight of this. The real gem is with the Samurai's to come later on. Part of the greatness, which is likely part of the Samurai movie homages, is the build up to each fight. The long drawn out periods of silence before the fight you know is about to start. Tarintino takes no liberties with the gore. Blood sprays everywhere in ways you figure shouldn't be possible.

I was also rather pleased with the style of Tarintino. The story is told in a very non-linear way. I don't want to give much away, but you'll find that there is a plot, and it is actually mapped out quite well if you pay attention. Four years after her wedding was shot up, Uma Thurman wakes from a coma and decides to seek revenge of the most primal kind. You'll also be pleased to know this movie dishes out plenty of laughs! There's also a couple of Star Trek references!

Overall I'm giving this movie on a five star scale, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

Kill Bill Volume 2 in four months
    Return of the King in two months
    Matrix Revolutions in one...

What a time to be a moviegoer! [​IMG]

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Kill Bill Volume 1". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Kill Bill: Volume 1 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] out of 5

So he's finally back. Roaring into the multiplexes after a rather long hiatus comes Movie Freak Extraordinaire Quentin Tarantino and his latest cinematic offering. Following his watershed debut (Reservoir Dogs), his blockbuster/classic second effort (Pulp Fiction) and his lukewarmly-received third baby (Jackie Brown), QT took a nice lengthy break...over six years worth. Now come watch him explode.

For his fourth outing (actually, his 3.5th outing), Tarantino delivers Kill Bill: Volume 1, a vibrant, bizarre, violent and certifiably nasty little homage to...well, a whole lotta stuff that Quentin Tarantino obviously adores: wildly stylistic kung-fu mayhem, hot chicks in sleek leather driving swanky motorcycles, blaxploitation flicks, anime, comic books...and about four movies' worth of hyper-gory samurai swordplay.

This ain't one for the kiddies, folks.

Let's get the standard critical complaint out of the way right now: chopping this movie in half and presenting it several months apart as a Volume 1 and Volume 2? Awful idea. Cheap, chintzy, and tacky; a move done solely for reasons of commerce, despite what the interview-happy filmmaker has to offer on the topic.

See, Kill Bill was supposed to be QT's epic homage to all of the 1970's cinematic conventions that he so adores. So wide was the director's scope and intent that he fully intended to plan a 2.5+ hour action/mayhem extravaganza to blow our socks off. Then Miramax's beancounters and head honchos got involved, got worried about the profitability of a 3-hour action flick, and devised this whole "Volume 1" scam. Not only is this a transparent money-grab, but (most importantly of all) it really does damage the film as a whole. This is not a production that was scheduled to create two separate movies; it's one completed film that was sliced in half and re-edited (rather haphazardly) in an effort to make more greenbacks.

From anyone other than Miramax, this sort of activity would probably be surprising.

With that large gripe out of the way (for the most part, anyway), it's pleasing to report that what we are offered in Volume 1 is, for the most part, a wild and raucous good time, a flick so knee-deep in its own genre-worship that it should thrill movie fans the world over while giving the action junkies a few extended sequences that they'll want to watch again and again.

Kill Bill is a simple and straightforward revenge flick: The Bride (Uma Thurman) is a former assassin who was double-crossed and left for dead as she stood, pregnant, at her Las Vegas wedding altar. After awakening from a 4-year coma, our mega-pissed heroine has little on her mind but stone-cold vengeance, the sort that comes early, often and soaked with enough geysers of blood to fill ten abattoirs.

Plot-wise, that's about it, and it's the one-note simplicity of the narrative that belies QT's intent: a flick comprised of nothing but action aplenty, movie references galore, spark and style to spare, some truly nasty twists...and a bit more gory action. Visually and viscerally, Kill Bill is a royal hoot and a whole lot of fun.

That mega-moviegeek Tarantino wanted to make a hardcore action flick, while showcasing five specific genres in each of the five big battles (samurai bloodbath, blaxploitation cat-fight, old-school kung-fu asskickage, Leone-style spaghetti Western and even "giallo" horror) speaks volumes about the filmmaker's passion for his cinema. This is the sort of film that Joe Lifelong Movie Freak would make had he the money and talent to pull it off. And the balls.

But while Q has clearly honed his directorial skills enough to deliver some truly amazing action set pieces, this newfound talent seems to have come at the expense of his astonishing screenwriting prowess. Fans expecting the colorful banter or profanely extended monlogues may walk away somewhat disappointed. Kill Bill doesn't have time for chit-chats about waitress-gratuity protocol or what cheeseburgers are called in France; it's all about the current action scene - or the set-up for the next action scene.

Luckily for all involved (particularly the moviegoer), the big action bits here are as exhilarating and plain old cool as they are very lengthy...and very disgusting. When The Bride slices off someone's arm or chops them in half from the skull down, her actions are invariably accompanied by explosions of blood so wackily explosive that one can't help but laugh; Quentin's making a live-action cartoon...and a enjoyably gross one to boot.

As is nearly always the case in the QT flicks, the acting is uniformly strong across the board, though a special accolade is due to leading lady Uma Thurman. Impressive enough that the actress (less than two months removed from childbirth) was able to master all sorts of insane fight moves and elaborate sword battle techniques...but Thurman somehow gets you to care, almost immediately, about the otherwise-unnamed bride. Sure, we're on her side because she was screwed over to a royal degree, but it's something in her eyes and the way she carries herself throughout her post-coma adventures that holds the flick together in between the juicy bits.

As the soon-to-be-dealt-with mega-villains, here's who we got:

Vivica A. Fox (looking as beautiful as ever...pre-battle scenes obviously) is knife-expert Vernita Green (a.k.a Copperhead), former killer now cozily perched somewhere in suburbia. Fox and Thurman share some fantastic moments early on, both in banter and the style in which they beat the hell out of one another. (I'd wager that this is one of the best action scenes of the year.)

Lucy Liu plays O-Ren Ishii (aka Cottonmouth) with a steely command and a gleam in her eye. Brutal assassin, queen among mobsters and impressive swordswoman, Ishii is quite simply an imposing gal. And here's an example of QT's endearingly effective screenwriting: with a healthy dose of stark back-story (including a shocking and very cool anime sequence), Ishii is made out to be a villain of nearly invincible proportions. That The Bride must dispatch 50-some henchmen* before dealing with O-Ren makes their final meeting (in a beautifully snowy Asian garden setting) gives their confrontation an almost mythical quality. Like the best comic books do.

(*In an extended action sequence that will be remembered and admired for years to come. Seriously; it's that damn crazy.)

The rest of the "Deadly Viper Assassination Squad" remain mostly in the background for much of Volume 1, but they include the likes of Ellie Driver (aka California Mountain Snake, aka Daryl Hannah), Budd (aka Sidewinder, aka Michael Madsen) and of course head honcho Bill (David Carradine). That we see virtually nothing of two of these characters is both disappointing and another clear example of why one long movie is nearly always better than two short ones.

Kill Bill is loud and occasionally ugly; it's bizarre and funny and vibrant and more than a little indulgent. It's a film that clearly displays for all the world to see that Quentin Tarantino was clearly having a whole lot of fun as he was making it. That's not to say that you'll absolutely enjoy it right along with him, but if you're fan enough to feel a bit giddy at the approach of the guy's newest movie, then you'll probably have a damn good time with this one.

But be forewarned: you're dropping your money at the box office for what's absolutely 1/2 of a whole movie...and that's a really crappy way to treat the movie fans.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I wrote a long review about this film, but it got lost in cyberspace as I submitted it, so now you get my condense version. I liked the film a lot, but it should have been only one film instead of two parts which weaken my appreciation for part one.

Crawdaddy

5. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    The strength of KB.I is that I want to talk about it. Even at half a film (and it is...it's almost pointless to review it in such a state), I enjoyed myself.

Quite a bit, though I'll have no problem waiting four months to see the finish.

To start, read what Scott wrote, and imagine that in my voice [​IMG]

It's hard to really judge what I've seen. The acting, direction, cinematography, etc is all exemplary...some of the best work this year. But I don't "get" the point yet. I think I know what's coming (yes, I know the events...I mean the narrative, the set-up, the payoff, the POINT). It's set up as a beautifully PURE revenge film. The twist at the end (not much of a twist, but still) might be a serious complication. But after all that mayhem and carnage, the audience is still in the dark. Because it's half a film.

The beauty:
    Yuen Wo Ping's work.
    The colors are lovely.
    The set-up (so key to an action film is the set-up...what leads to the action. We get both extremes here. Nothing to Vivica, and a full-blown reveal and then some for Lucy - both are great).
    The music...one of QT's strengths, excellent.
    Uma.
    Oh...and KNB's gore. Almost a tribute to the Evil Dead films [​IMG]

The ugly:
    HALF A MOVIE.

8/10

I'm buying the soundtrack. I'm bitter about having to pay again.

Take care,
    Chuck

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Extra

A good film, but probably Tarantino's worst to this point. The thing definately missing from this movie was the great dialogue(except for Liu's terrific headchopping scene).
    Also, The fight scenes were not that good. Thurman's fight with the 17 year old bodyguard was fun but the rest became tedious in a hurry.
    Overall, it was definately fun at times and different.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] / [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Oh My Goodness, this film is not for the faint of heart, but action junkies will enjoy the swordplay and the amoung of carnage on display. I think Uma Thurman should have been casted in Terminator 3 because she's damn determined, relentless and oh so cold-hearted. She's an amazing piece of work, so focused, in spite of the odds.

Some of the dialogue is vintage Tarantino, but for the ardent fans, there's probably not enough juicy dialogue to go ga-ga over, but the action makes up for most of the lack in dialogue. While the story seems simple for the first part of the story, the narrative structure jumps around, and the background tidbits are shockingly pure and to the core of each of Black Mamba's (Uma's character) revenge targets.

I'll give it 3 stars, or a grade of B for the stylistic carnage that'll have you laughing at the aftermath, moreso than being aghast by it.

8. John^Lal

John^Lal Stunt Coordinator

Well, i have been going against people who would give this movie 5 out of 5 stars all day so i am at a point where i think i hate this movie. But i still love Tarantino's style even though i thought this movie was way too much fluff, thought tarantino was a lil too much in love with himself and think that what i saw should have been half of a 2 hour movie. if all the material that he had to have in there was supposed to be there so we could get to feel more for the movie, it sure wasn't needed. well i guess i'll give it [​IMG] [​IMG] 1/2 / [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

9. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Best fun at the cinema that I've had all year. Plus most stylish visuals to boot.

Serves its purpose, whets the appetite for Vol. 2 next February.

10/10

10. Raymond_H

Raymond_H Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 1/2 * out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

* - pending Volume 2, a higher rating may be needed.

A stylisitic tour de force. This movie had everything I love about movies, it had those moments where you say to yourselfs in other movies it should've happened.

I love the build up of character(s) towards the fight scenes, where each fight was its center with a meaning.

And the ending, I was worried before hand about how it was going to end, and when the end came I was quite delighted and CANNOT wait until Volume II.

BTW, Sonny Chiba is literally the MAN

EDIT : Rating increased by 1/2

Raymond

11. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 1/2 out of 5.

Kill Bill: Volume 1 is fan-freaking-tastic!!! This film is a movie geek's dream!! Not being a huge kung-fu fan, I was unsure if I would love Kill Bill, but indeed I did. I found it to be by far the most entertaining and exhilirating movie I've seen all year. Through the film's entire 105-minute running time, I grinned from ear to ear. This film is the most fun I've had at the movies in a very long time. This is a visual movie more than anything, consequently that delicious Tarantino dialogue is in short supply compared to his previous films. However, his style is evident from the very beginning. Everything is damn near perfect - the acting, music, photography, dialogue. The climax in The House of Blue Leaves is stunning!!! Can't wait for volume 2!

By the way, I'm now in love with Chiaki Kuriyama. GoGo rules!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Kenneth Lee

Kenneth Lee Stunt Coordinator

I just got back from seeing it Opening Night. In a nutshell:

Kill Bill friggin' ROCKS THE HOUSE!! [​IMG]

It's by far one of the most fun-filled, entertaining, action films this year, with a good story to boot [​IMG]. This is a great tribute / parody / remake of classic Kung-Fu movies, Samurai movies and even anime.

It's *NOT* just "90 minutes of action" that some people blindly think this is. Go watch it and see for yourself. Tarantino does a good job providing a fresh angle for the film direction. There's campiness, there's humor, there's downright bad-ass martial arts action.

The Production I.G. (creators of GHOST IN THE SHELL) anime scenes were amazing! Fantastic fighting choreography and powerful, emotional moments.

This is FAR ABOVE a typical "popcorn / check-your-brain-at-the-door" movies that some people may think it is. Drivel like The Mummy, Daredevil, Scorpion King, Tomb Raider, etc. are so far beneath what Tarantino has crafted here. Yuen Wo-Ping (the Master Martial Arts Choreographer from the OG days, to Jackie Chan's best stuff, to The Matrix, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and more) provides some excellent guidance for the fight scenes. Powerful, full of "OUCH! That's GOTTA Hurt!" moments (you really feel the attacks), made this film so much more enjoyable than all the more recent Hollywood "big action movies." It STOMPS all over The Matrix Reloaded.

I can't wait to see part 2. And honestly, I did NOT feel like I was "ripped off" when the film ended. Sure the ending isn't finished, but it was a great 90 minute movie that was satisfying (very much so).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (out of 5 Stars)

13. BrandonL

BrandonL Stunt Coordinator

I really liked this movie. At first I thought it was going to be very cheesey, but throughout the movie QT kept up a certain style thats not very common in movies. The one thing not really mentioned was the audio. I was just amazed at how well the sound was done. When Uma was walking around you would hear little details to show off where she was. And the surround effects were used everywhere. That fight scene where there is silence with water pouring into a wooden fountain thing put such a big smile on my face.

The fight scenes were so over the top. When someone died the blood was spraying everywhere, just like in anime.

My only gripe was seeing a couple walk out of the theater with their 7 year old kid. Are parents just stupid now to take children to such violent movies?

14. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

I rank movies in kind of a different way. If I enjoy them or not despite technical flaws. (the 1/2 movie doesn't bother me as much as some)

I enjoyed this movie a great deal. It was a fun ride!
    I do believe that QT has done a wonderful job in every way in this effort. The homages come quick and often from the yellow jumpsuit to the model of Tokyo. It just works!
    Go see it early and often!
    I can't wait to see the whole thing on DVD and to see what comes in what is going to be a huge DVD package I bet!

15. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

I will be the first to admit that this movie played very well as a 2 part film. I was severely pissed when I heard that they were cutting it in half. But all that is now washed away.

Even though it was a 90 minute flick, it felt like it was well over 2 hours. There was so much plot and story being told, I sincerely think that some of the feeling would have been lost if they had of ran it 3 hours.

It gives you time to digest what you just experienced. The brutality of the fights, and the buildup of the characters we have seen.

The artistic styling of this movie is in a word, Awesome. I have great appreciation for directors who use long continuos shots in movies. Not this constant cutting of a scene, back and for, but long 3 - 4 minute uninterrupted, uncut continuos takes. The lack of CG and almost non existent wire fighting was also a nice change in our Matrix flavoured movies these day. Don't get me wrong I love the Matrix and all it's CG, slo-mo, wire fu goodness, but Hollywood is using this to death already. And seeing a film that goes back to the roots of the Kung-fu/samurai genre is a rare treat in the theater these days.

I must admit as everyone has, that the classic QT dialog was sparse, but it played well. Instead of the typical long character interludes we usually see in a QT movie, we are treated to a more visual dialog of sorts(I am coining that phrase right here and now) The over the top conversations that we heard in Pulp, Res Dogs and so on. Are masterfully displayed for all to see.

The scene in the hospital with the redneck orderly. I can just hear the boys from Res dogs sitting around a table going "I once knew this sick fuck who would let guys come into the coma ward and do the patients"
    or something to that effect. So instead of hearing it spoken, we have the chance to see it in all its disturbing detail.

As with most QT films, the music is interesting and odd. But fitting of almost all the scenes. The unique take on flight of the bumble bee while the Yakuza are driving was quite cool.

The action was definitely over the top in terms of gore. I am trying to remember any movie that even comes close to comparing in terms of blood and guts, and I can't come up with anything. I am not down on the violence, as it has been one of the selling features of the QT movies to me. I love the ultra violent genre of flicks (Even though I am a total pacifist in reality, go figure) The action scenes are tight and well paced, never feeling too long, or to short.

The anime story sequence for Lucy Lui's character was just downright cool. It allowed for a part of the story to be told very brutally, and disturbingly, and still get an "R" rating.

Same with the black and white scenes. When I heard we were getting a sudo-censored version, I was pretty pissed off as well. But after seeing them, it translated well. I think the excessive use of blood would have almost detracted from the scene. And the sweet transition back to color was also nicely done too.

The story itself leaves you oddly fulfilled at the end of the movie. Sure you want to know what fate our Heroine will face in the next half, but I left feeling quite content in the fact that I knew enough about the players to get me back in the seat for Vol 2, but still felt like I saw a complete movie.

All in all, I think this movie is now my new favorite from QT, which is saying a hell of a lot as I am a die hard fan of True Romance.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can't wait till Feb.

16. Marc_Savoie

Marc_Savoie Stunt Coordinator

Saw the film late last night and it lived up to (and certainly passed) my unfairly (but in retrospect, considering his previous 3 films, perfectly acceptable) high expectations.

I'm glad to see the intial reactions to the film here are almost universally positive, as I can't really see how anyone could dislike the film (unless they're very prudish towards violence). I loved every frame of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and was enthralled from the first beat to the last. I'm unfortunately not that familiar with the grindhouse and chop-socky films that inspired Tarantino, but was no less captivated the whole time. Everything worked perfectly from the acting (loved Uma and all the ladies, as well as the only main male pressence, Sonny Chiba and his barkeep), the staging of the over-the-top action, the anime, the dialogue, the storytelling, the camerawork, the music (both the songs and RZA's score) as well as the little nuances like the bleeping out of The Bride's real name, and of course the obviousness that Quention Tarantino is likely the most enthusiastic man working in Hollywood today.

No director shows his passion and love for filmmaking through his work like Tarantino. Every frame, every note, every cut is done to (his, and usualy our) perfection as he has will all of his features. This man loves the medium beyond any of our wildest possibilities and we are lucky enough to bear witners to the immense creativity that amounts from his inspirations. That he makes and presents his films with such pure joy and enthusiasm makes him incredibly unique and Kill Bill Vol. 1 ideally keeps his streak of incredible filmmaking in tact.

I'm not a big fan of singling out individual scenes and remarking at their coolness (unless it's a flawed film with a coupe great moments), and this movie is no exception - it ALL worked in complement to each other.
    I really look forward to seeing the conclusion in February and I can only pray that Quentin will be given constant opportunities to present his writting and directing to us filmgoers for years to come. The man is an incredible filmmaker, and it all comes so easy and with such happiness to him. Kill Bill Vol. 1 is a fantastic film from an unbelievable talent.

Pretty much the only thing I didn't like has nothing to do with the film, but rather is those damn anti-piracy tetris/braile-like brown dots that appeared (I counted about 7 times) during a certain stretch. Not a huge deal, but I never much like something being forced into the frame that isn't part of the filmmaker's vision...

17. MikeRS

MikeRS Screenwriter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Loved it but what really surprised me was the emotional wallop. Quentin can still make you feel for his characters even when they are in the thrall of a single minded tale of revenge. It's the little details and character moments which seem to add up at the end, making this intoxicating tribute to kung fu classics, exploitation flicks, revenge thrillers, and Leone movies more than just a fun time. You really care about the Bride.

Can't wait for Volume 2!

18. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Loved it from start to finish. Way, way above my expectations.

Undecided where it stands on my list, but definitely in the top 3 for this year.

5/5

19. BobSmith

BobSmith Agent

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

loved the movie

20. AJ Johnson

AJ Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure what to make of this movie. I was entertained during parts and I loved the music used during some scenes but I don't think the good outweighs the bad. Kill Bill was very bland until Sonny Chiba livened it up when he banters with his subordinate. Sadly his scenes were the highlight for me as far as performances go. Not much character development here.

The cinematography is great once The Bride arrives in Tokyo and everything preceding the swordfight against the Crazy 88 had me interested. Lucy Liu and her bodyguards (especially Go Go) were a nice distraction from the mediocrity that was this movie and the Charlie Brown reference had me dyin. When the action started was where I was let down.

I expected big things with Yuen Wo-Ping and all the hype and what I got was the same over-edited garbage we always see in Hollywood martial arts films. Since Tarantino loved the Shaw Bros' work so much I figured he would possibly edit the fight scenes a lot better than directors less knowledgable of the HK movie style. The first fight scene (The Bride vs. Copperhead) gave me hope but the rest of the movie was the kind of stuff you see from hacks like Andrezj Bartkowiak.Blood gushing everywhere with severed limbs don't make a great martial arts fight scene. It works for Freddy vs. Jason but not here. I'm sure Wo Ping's choreography would have looked nice had I gotten to see a better edited version of it. The Bride vs. Copperhead was decent and actually showed some moves being strung together for a couple of seconds before cutting away to a different angle. That can't be said for the swordfight scene. It had style with the different color pallete used but no substance whatsoever. You see a half second cut of a sword swinging, blood gush, another sword swing, close-up of victim, etc, etc. You can barely see any of The Bride's movements and I'm guessing they were just trying to cover up her lack of ability with a sword.

The Bride vs. Cottonmouth? Blah. Most of the time they were staring each other down. Barely any fighting at all. I know it's customary for this type of fight scene but I think the stares went on a bit TOO long. They could have easily edited some of the things in this movie. Tarantino spends a lot of time with staredowns and his ugly foot fetish. Uma sure has some ugly feet. Was Quentin trying to torture the audience or what? I'm sure Tarantino fans ate up his quirky stuff but I'm desensitized to it now and it started grating my nerves a bit. It's starting to border on self-parody.

If it weren't for one decent fight scene, Sonny Chiba and the scenes in Tokyo preceding the sword fight I wouldn't think much of Kill Bill at all. I'll give it a generous [​IMG] [​IMG] 1/2 out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]