What's new

*** Official KICK-ASS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, projecting a little of the ol' ultraviolence: good, clean fun. The word "Ass" on a marquee; it's a sign of approaching apocalypse.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by SilverWook

Are any other theaters doing this?
The Regal in my area called it "Kick-A**" on the ticket and on the digital sign above the theater door. The irony is that they had the poster up though with no censoring. Fortunately, no one has died from the shock of seeing the word "ass" on a poster.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I finally saw this today and to say I hated this film would be a gross understatement lol.

I tore it a new Kick-Asshole in the review thread.

Before you guys jump all over me let me say that I am not one to get all up in arms about parents groups boycotting films, I couldn't care less, protesting extreme violence in films or any of that and when I go to sleep tonight I will give no further thought to this movie but this film got under my skin like a paper cut and I hated pretty much everything about it, well almost everything, it sounded great on my theater rig.

If I sound worked-up in my review I am but I usually am always like that when I feel strongly about something and feel inspired to write my brains out about whether or not I liked a film...I had lots to say about this one.

So go easy, I saw it, felt certain feelings about it and tomorrow I'll forget it and move on with my life.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've never seen it, but I would question the idea that the trailers were selling a more family-friendly movie. The one I saw showed Hit-Girl flipping her guns to reload them and then shooting some guy up through the chin. Maybe it was a red band trailer, and therefore not as widely seen, but I could tell she was a very questionable character from the ad campaign.

Full disclosure: I did like the comic series, though it similarly had no redeeming value. You should have read the author's Chosen. A kid hits thirteen and comes to realize he is the second coming of Christ. He performs miracles and is worshipped. Then

it turns out he is the anti-Christ and his dad, Satan, takes him home. The caption on the last page says something like, "For the next eight years, daddy fucked me up the ass every night with his seven cocks."

I hated typing that sentence, and it was removed for the reprint. Chosen has been considered for a movie of its own.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It takes a lot to get me to the theater. I've been meaning to check it out on Blu, but never got around to it. At this point, I've been waiting for it to hit cable. I was concerned about some of the changes, though. Were they acceptable to you?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

It takes a lot to get me to the theater. I've been meaning to check it out on Blu, but never got around to it. At this point, I've been waiting for it to hit cable. I was concerned about some of the changes, though. Were they acceptable to you?

I prefer the way that the comic tells the tale but the changes didn't ruin the movie or anything. The first hour or so is pretty faithful and then the second half basically follows the rest of the comics but much more loosely. I assume that has to do with all the issues not being finished when the movie was written and shot.

I think my biggest dissapointment was that Hit Girl no longer uses

a flame thrower (or cocaine) when she and Kick-Ass go after the mobsters at the end. Also, they dropped the idea that Big Daddy was selling CGC graded comics to fund their operation which I think would have been fun but it probably wouldn't translate so well to a non-comic book audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks